Chapter 3 - Anger

I began to see the city as I walked closer to the tree line. I must have been gone a while as the sun had finally begun to peak through the trees. It was a beautiful sunrise filled with different shades of orange, yellow, pink, and purple. It was breath taking. The sunrise had an ombre effect. All the colours blending perfectly.

I continued to walk closer to the place I call home, tree branches snapping beneath my boots with my heavy footsteps. I don't even remember how long I had been walking for, I know it had been a while though.

I had just crossed the tree line and I was now in the city's outskirts. These were the rough places, rougher than the main area. It was mainly filled with abandoned buildings or creepy alleyways where there are lurking shadows just waiting to pounce on you. There is an occasional bar though. That's where the predators lay while they seek out their next victim.

I carefully walked down the dingey alleyways making sure to watch my every move. I was on high alert all the time but as of right now I seemed to be even more alert than I was in the thick bush of the forest where the unknown creatures lurked.

𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪

I opened the door to my home. As soon as I stepped inside, I saw my brother pacing around with his hand on his forehead. He turned his head towards me I am surprised he didn't get whiplash.

"Where the fuck were you?" Sorin asked. I could tell he was angry and upset with me. He never tended to swear, well not in front of me anyways. He treats me like I am still a baby. I am grateful for it, but it gets on my nerves sometimes. It's like in some moments I just haven't grown up to be my 21-year-old self.

"Out." I responded dryly not caring to give him the answer he deserves.

"I swear to the gods Elysia if you don't tell me where the fuck you I were am going to lose my shit." He said whilst the anger brewed inside of him.

"Then lose your shit, I couldn't care less." I exclaimed flatly. I continued to then kick off my boots and hang up my coat. It was still cold, but I was trying to show I couldn't give two shits about him losing his.

"El." He warned. He gave me a death glare than would kill if it could.

I just rolled my eyes and continued my trip to the warn down sofa. I couldn't even make it there as my 'lovely' brother decided to take his death glare to a deathly grip on my upper arm. It hurt like hell.

"Fucking hell, Sorin." I yelled at him as I brought back my fist to hit him in the gut.

I successfully landed my punch. I could tell by the way he loosened his grip but didn't quite fully let go. I could also tell by the loud grunt that escaped his lips.

I turned around to face him whilst breaking out of his grip. I didn't want to speak first so I waited for him to catch his breath again.

"Elysia, I am not playing now. I need to know where you went. I have been so fucking worried about you. What the hell you can't just disappear in the middle of the night." Sorin panted as he tried to get his breath back.

"Well, I did disappear and there is nothing you can do, and not that it's any of your business but I went out to clear my head. I lost track of time that's all. So, just stop getting all up in my business." I said with a hint of frustration winding my tone.

"I don't care if I am getting all up in your business, I care about you and when you go missing in the middle of the night of course I am going to be worried." He stated now not winded by my punch to the gut.

"I am an adult now; I can take care of myself. And as much as I appreciate you caring you're being over bearing. I just needed space, but I can't seem to get that from you anymore." I exclaimed as my vision had begun to become blurry from the tears that were threatening to spill.

Sorin was fully taken a-back from what I had said. I don't think he was prepared for the impact of my words, not prepared one bit. I had been waiting to say that for a while though. I guess today I just finally cracked. I cracked open like the ground when an earthquake is in motion.

"I-" Sorin stuttered wordlessly.

He clearly had nothing to say. So, I stood up and walked away not wanting to cause any more damage to this broken family.

𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪

After mine and my brother's argument I had spent the rest of the day in my room just withering away and staring at my ceiling. Normally, I would go and apologize especially since it's his last day here at home, but I don't want to. I love him don't get me wrong, but I think he needs to apologize to me after all he shouted at me first.

I think he has finally realised that now as he's knocking on my door. If he knocks any harder my door is going to fall off.

I wiped my face trying to make it look as normal as possible. I don't want to look weak in front of him, ever.

"What?" I asked as my voice threated to break towards the end.

"El. I have to leave soon and I don't want to leave on a bad note. " Sorin began from the other side of the door. "So can I please come in and make things right between us?" He questioned me.

I contemplated for a moment before saying "Fine."

"Thank you." He said as he twisted the handle and walked into my room. "Look I am really sorry for what I said earlier. But I don't have time for a big apology so you're just going to have to wait until I get back from home from the army." He stated as if it was nothing.

It wasn't nothing thought. It hurt that he couldn't even spare five minutes to apologize to his sister properly. Would it have really taken up so much time for him to say sorry to me and mean it? I don't think it would have but clearly to him it would have, or he just doesn't care about me enough to give me a proper apology.

"I'll hold you to that." I muttered loud enough for him to hear it. "Now please leave I'll come out later when you're about to leave." I whispered.

"Okay, I love you" He said and with that he stood up and left me to my drowning, overcast thoughts.

Love a good sibling fight.

Word Count: 1200

Hope you guys are enjoying this so far. Leave your thoughts in the comments!