CHAPTER - 07

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Y/N: "RoWoon is my adopted child."
Jimin: "We are no longer together Jungkook. We are divorced."
My eyes kept oscillating between Jimin and Y/N, sometimes my gaze landing on the sleeping child as well. "Guys stop playing these riddles with me!" Staggering backwards and finally landing myself on the edge of the bed, I blankly kept staring at them, trying to process everything that was being told to me; anxiety taking over me with every passing second. Eventually Jimin came forward and sat beside me. Placing his hand on my shoulder and giving it a little squeeze, he finally decided to unwrap their past.

FLASHBACK
ONE YEAR AFTER THE MARRIAGE
JIMIN'S POV

"Jimin-sshi, come here once, please! I need to show you something!" Y/N called me from our bedroom.
"Just a second!" I called back. Closing the refrigerator, I made my way towards our bedroom, where my wife was busy packing all our stuffs. "Whoaaa! This girl really knows how to create a mess!" I thought while looking around. She was sitting on the floor, and things were scattered here and there, making the room look like, as if a tornado had just passed over it a few seconds ago.
Jimin: "Aigoo! Why do you have to start packing from today only?! There's still a month left for us to leave for New York!" Yes, we were leaving South Korea, as my company under which I was currently working, had opened a new branch at New York, and the CEO, Mr. Jung Hoseok, wanted me to be the branch manager of that particular branch. Ever since I had given Y/N the news, she had been going crazy with excitement.
"Because there are too many things to pack!" She responded, while going through a set of winter wears.I couldn't help but to giggle at her excitement. "The more I look at this woman, the more mesmerized she makes me! No doubt, she truly is an amazing woman with a beautiful heart." I thought to myself.
Staring back at her, I asked, "So, why did you call me? Need any help with the packing?" She quickly turned around to my question, and held a big, fat envelope in-front of me, which was quite worn out, the edges of it had a yellowish shade, and it was filled with papers I guess? Diverting my gaze from the envelope, I raised my eyebrows at her. The glint in her eyes were clearly noticeable, marking the fact that the contents of the envelope definitely held a special place in her heart. "What is this?" My thoughts were loud enough for her to listen.
Y/N (with excitement): "How can you forget these letters Jimin-sshi?! These are the ones that you used to send me when you were my secret admirer, back in our College days!"
I flinched, my eyes never leaving those stack of papers; unable to speak anything, uneasiness was taking over me. Y/N kept shuffling them, when suddenly a picture slid down from the pack, on the floor. The moment she picked it up, her features changed. As I was standing right behind her, I peeked in to see a photograph of hers' and Jungkook's, taken on the day of our Graduation. Though I was not being able to see her facial expression, yet it was quite clear how shattered she was feeling looking at that picture. From the wedding day, when Jungkook's news was revealed to her by me, till today, she never uttered his name even for once, let alone shed tears for him in-front of me. Whenever I tried to raise the topic, she always avoided it, making it quite visible, that deep inside her heart, there laid unacknowledged feelings for Jungkook.
Gently placing my hand on her head, I called her, "Y/N", to which her hands quickly moved upwards, her gestures showing that she was rubbing the liquid which was now rolling down her cheeks. Putting the picture back in the envelop along with the other papers, she got up, and was about to leave (again trying to escape the situation), when I held her hand firmly. "I n-need to c-cook the dinner." Her wavering voice, and diverted gaze was a queue enough for my next step.
Jimin: "Y/N, we need to talk."
Y/N: "Jimin-sshi..."
Jimin: "Please love. It's time we stop with this hide and seek game." I gently made her sit on the bed, and sat next to her, never letting go of her hands. Lowering her head and keeping her eyes fixed on our intertwined fingers, she finally nodded her head lightly, signaling me to progress with the topic.
"I know, whatever I am going to say right now might come as a great shock to you, but I want you to know the truth. The things for which you are appreciating me, those appreciations in real belong to someone else. I didn't say anything till today, and was half-heartedly accepting those appreciations. But now when I think about the entire situation, I feel guilty realizing the fact that, the love and affection which I am receiving from you every single day, someone else should have been the receiver of it. Someone else deserves this love, not me Y/N." I chose each and every single word very carefully trying to make it as less shocking as possible, though somewhere I knew very well that I would not be successful in doing so.
She raised her head and furrowed her eyebrows. "I am not getting what you are trying to say Jimin-sshi." Biting my lower lip, I continued. "Y/N, those letters, they were sent to you by Jungkook. Jungkook was your secret admirer Y/N, not me." And even though I tried to make it as less painful as possible for her, but her expression showed it all. It was a drastic revelation encountered by her.
Abruptly standing up, and jerking her hands away from mine at the same time, she raised her voice in annoyance. "How can you even say something like that Jimin? I know you want me to open up regarding this topic, but that does not mean you will lie on my face about something so immensely sensitive."
Jimin: "I know Y/N, it's hard for you to believe each and every single word I am uttering right now. But this is the bitter truth!" As she kept staring at me, I saw tears welling up in her eyes. Her pain-stricken gaze was suffocating me, making me feel like a criminal, like a liar, who for his own contentment kept claiming someone else's love.
Y/N: "No. No. NO! This can't be true. You are lying! Aren't you Jimin?" Casting my head downwards, I shook my head in denial, whereas, Y/N with a trembling gasp, kept shaking her head incessantly, the tears flowing out of her eyes uncontrollably.
Y/N: "Why now Jimin?! If you weren't able to reveal this truth to me back then, why did you tell it to me now?! I am already going through a lot! Isn't this enough for you, that you thought of burdening me with this new pain?! What do you and Jungkook think of yourselves? Am I a toy for you two?! Whenever you feel like you use me, and whenever you seem satisfied enough you throw me away! One didn't bother to tell me the reason why all of a sudden, he felt the need to abandon me! And the other thought of revealing a damn truth when I am legit trying my best to move out of the miseries I am in! Did you two ever consider the fact that I have a heart too? That my heart aches too? I don't think so! Because if that would have been the case, then you two would have considered me as a human being, and not as a mere ball!"
Jimin: "But Y/N-"
"Enough Jimin! Enough now! Just stop it already!" She held up her hand signaling me to stop with a stern yet pained look, and finally left the room.
"I know whatever we two did was wrong Y/N. But we never tried to hurt you intentionally love! We just wanted you to be happy. But I guess we were so busy in overdoing it, that we never really considered your preferences. Rather we simply kept on interpreting you based on our point of views." Slumping myself down on the floor, I sighed deeply, feeling miserable and lost at the same time.