CHAPTER - 02

TIME SKIP
PROM NIGHT
Y/N'S POV

As I checked myself up for the uncountable number of times in the mirror, Jungkook scoffed from behind, pointing out his index finger towards me threateningly. "Doll! One more time you look at that mirror, and I promise, I will smear that lipstick all over your face!"
"But Jeon! Don't you think this bun is looking too messy? And you didn't even allow me to put on that much makeup as well! Ain't I looking too dull? And what about this off-shoulder dress? Is it too revealing? I don't know! I have never worn such a dress!" I clearly kept on blabbering shits in one go, which was definitely getting into Jungkook's nerves by then. But I could care less, as I endlessly kept pacing and checking myself in the mirror every now and then, as all I wanted, was to look flawless for Jimin-sshi.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

It's already been an hour Y/N had been rambling about her appearance, and I tried all possible ways to make her believe that she was looking gorgeous. But all my efforts, consolations were being thrown out of the window.
"Jeon Jungkook! Control your hormones! Stop getting distracted! Remember, she is your best friend! Don't let your hormones take over you, and indulge yourself into something stupid!" I limitlessly warned myself mentally. But with every passing second, it was getting harder and harder for me to take my eyes off her. The purple, off-shoulder dress was beautifully hugging her body, complimenting her curves seamlessly, travelling all the way down to her knees. Her bare neck and shoulders grabbed more attention, as her hair was tied up in a bun. The bun being a bit messy, a few strands carelessly dangling from here and there, and the minimalistic makeup, made her the most elegant and precious woman in my eyes. But as I tried hard to pull myself back to reality, she started freaking out again. And before I could even process my actions, I rose from the couch, and the next thing I knew was, I was standing just behind her, allowing just a few inches to be present there in between our bodies.

Y/N'S POV

I was so engrossed in becoming insane due to my never-ending doubts regarding my appearance, that I didn't even realize when Jungkook had pulled himself up from the couch and had placed himself right behind me. The moment his deep, warm breath tickled my neck, I crash-landed back to reality. Casting my gaze towards the mirror, I didn't turn around, rather I kept staring at his mysterious doe eyes, (which held the immense power of hypnotizing anyone anywhere), through the mirror.
He leaned his stature forward, and placed his chin on my bare shoulder. His chest, which was poking out through his half-buttoned shirt, was slightly touching my bare back. The moment his eyes met mine, I felt a chilling sensation running down my spine. He was not only staring into my eyes, but it seemed like he was staring deep down into my soul. His eyes were exploring me in every possible ways. They had something in them. A kind of a warm desire, which I had never noticed before. His stares, they seemed like, they were urging for something, as if they were hiding a thrilling secret deep down within - and I was insanely getting drowned in them.
I didn't even realize, when I had already closed my own eyes. Whereas, Jungkook on the other hand, snaked his arms around my waist, slightly nuzzled his nose on the crook of my neck, and gently bringing his lips so close to my ear, that it dangerously and seductively touched my earlobe, uttered, "Y/N-" But before he could even proceed with his remaining statement, the doorbell suddenly interrupted us.
Popping out from our trance, and sparing a few awkward glances, Jungkook quickly took a few steps backward and cleared his throat. "Umm..well... I guess that must be Jimin." And I nodded in response, while keeping my gaze fixed on the floor.
Approaching the door, Jungkook looked back at me and said, "Let's get going then? See you at the Prom I guess?"
"Aren't you coming with us?" Immediately snapping my gaze back at him, and tilting my head, I asked him, getting all confused.
Jungkook: "No. If I-"
"Keep your ifs and buts to yourself! Either you come with us, or I won't go." I exclaimed irritatingly, and flopped myself down on the floor, pouting, and trying to pull up a trick on him again.
"Aigoo... You and your tricks!" Giggling and shaking his head in disbelief, he pulled me up from the ground, and wrapping his arm around my waist, we set off together for the beautiful night ahead, burying the awkward yet an unknowingly magical moment that took place a few moments ago, deep down within our hearts.