CHAPTER - 06

Y/N'S POV

I peeked in through the door, and saw Jungkook caressing RoWoon's forehead, and after placing a gentle peck on his cheeks and forehead, he finally climbed down the bed. Carefully stepping inside the room, I hesitated a bit before finally gathering the courage to speak up. "I-I hope, he didn't bother you much."
Getting a bit startled with my sudden appearance, Jungkook shot his head towards my direction, but quickly relaxed as well when he saw me. He shook his head, as an answer to my question, and tucking the blanket carefully under RoWoon's body, he slowly yet swiftly made his way towards me. We were facing each other now, Jungkook standing right in-front of me. As I rose my head, to look at him, I noticed a different kind of expression lingering on his features. Though his eyes were staring at mine, yet they held a different kind of gaze in them. A gaze filled with uncertainty. His stature seemed kind of tensed up. There worked a hesitation in him. A hesitation that was stopping him from showering me with the innumerable questions whose answers his mind was desperately seeking for. Unable to hold back my curiosity anymore, and possibly knowing the main reason behind his changing behavior, I finally asked, "What's wrong?"
Knitting his brows together, he counter-attacked me. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you this question Y/N?" Though I exactly knew what he meant, yet I frowned. "What do you mean?" Getting a bit annoyed, he ran his fingers through his hair a few times, trying to get a hold on to his emotions, and then eventually looked back at me. "What's going on Y/N? I am not being able to understand anything! Why is RoWoon calling me his father instead of Jimin?! How come he knows so much about me and moreover about us? About what we shared in the past? Every time I try to tell him that I am not his father, he cuts me off saying that you are the one who told him that I am his father." As he rubbed his temples, clearly frustrated with the strange and unknown situation prevailing around him, he let out a deep sigh, and looked up at me again, this time with pleading eyes. "Please Y/N, tell me, what is going on!"
"You need to rest Jungkook. I will tell Jimin-sshi to guide you to the guest room." Casting my gaze away from him, as I was about to leave, Jungkook held my wrist, and abruptly pulled me towards him, which resulted in me bumping my head slightly on his chest. Unknowingly I placed my hands on the sides of his waist, in order to stable my balance, and instantly shot him a death glare. But this time, he was the one who decided to play the role of a dominating figure, whereas I being the submissive one. The moment I glared at him, he pierced my mind and heart with his intense stare, forcing me to somewhat tear my gaze away from him, and look down at the floor. I was halfway through my action when suddenly, he held my face with both his palms, and made me look up at him. With a soft smile and soothing eyes, he looked at me, and the next thing that he uttered, made me break down in-front of him completely.
Jungkook: "Doll? Did our bond really become so weak, that you are not even able to share things with your Jeon now?" Unable to hold back my tears, and placing my own palms on top of his, and using them to cover my face, I burst out into uncontrollable sobs.
Jungkook (trying to pull back his hands, so that he could look at her face): "Doll, what is it? What happened? Why are you crying bae'by? Let me look at you at least! Doll!" He kept on trying to calm me down, by muttering soothing words, and trying to pull back his hands, but I was feeling too weak and vulnerable to encounter him in such a state.
Finally giving in to his pleas, I let go of his hands, and with that he quickly pulled me into his embrace, me burying my face deep in his chest. As I was gradually regaining my composure, Jungkook in the meantime never stopped caressing my head. Detaching myself from his embrace, I rubbed my tears off with the back of my hands, and looked at Jungkook, who was still eyeing me with full of concern.
Y/N: "Jeon…" He hummed in response, never removing his gaze away from me.
Y/N: "RoWoon… RoWoon..."
"What is it Doll? Say?" He held my hands and kept on caressing the back of them in a circular motion with his thumbs, in order to make me feel relaxed. But least did he know that, the thing I was about to say next, would actually take his calmness away from him.
Y/N: "Ro-RoWoon is my adopted child."
"What?" Jungkook's eyes widened with surprise. It seemed like, as if he wasn't having enough questions already, and this one statement of mine, burdened him with many more extra questions as well, which was now becoming impossible for his mind to handle. "But, why? I mean, how? Was there any problem? You and Jimin?!" He kept on stuttering, when we suddenly heard someone say...

"We are no longer together Jungkook; Y/N and I, we are divorced."

Turning our heads towards the direction from where the statement came from, we saw Jimin leaning against the door-frame, with a calm yet sad smile plastered across his face.