"That hurts-", I moan with a sob. His tongue licked a trail along the burning zones. "So beautiful-", he rasped before he's back to kissing my panting lips. Curling my arms around his neck, I snake my tongue into his mouth. He hummed in response, lapsing his over mine. There's just something about this man that part of me can't hate -

The second I move my hips , his hands are back to groping my ass , forcing me to grind harder against his cock. "Fuck-", he moaned. The sound of him moaning made me rub myself harder against his erection. "Ah-", he bites down on my lip as we both moaned at the blissful feeling.

Flipping us over - my back hit the couch. "Ah-", I whimper as he bind my hands over my head- face hovering mine. We just stare at each other. Lips glossy and swollen, chest heaving. "Don't be a tease -", he scold and got off me. I watch him adjust his pants before walking out. I remain on my back , trying to figure out what just happened.

••
01 : 22 am

Staring up at the dark ceiling. I let out a tiny yawn before closing my eyes. Trying to get some sleep had become difficult. I would always just toss around or stare at objects. There was so much keeping me up. Stress , emotional wreckage, heartache. I couldn't help but wonder how Reece slept so peacefully. I felt like , even if he murdered someone, he'd sleep without a worry or care.

He just gave off that impression.

"Why are you thinking so hard, little one?".

The sound of his hoarse, sleepy voice made me pry my eyes open. His eyes still shut and looked very much asleep. "Are you awake?", I whisper, making sure I wasn't hearing things. "Yeah-", his eyes open to find mine. "Haven't you slept yet?", he asked, still sounding groggy and asleep. "Not yet", I sigh. The sound of him ruffling around under the sheets made me curious before I wasn't any longer. His hand slid over my stomach , pulling me closer until his nose was pressed into the side of my neck. "Sleep-", he whispered. His hot breath fanning my skin which slowly began to heat up. His touch made me nervous.

"Reece", I whisper and he hummed in response. "Can I ask you something-", I pout. "Sure", he mumbled. "Well- there were many young girls who had come for the pa interview. Why did you pick me?", he probably didn't even remember my interview. He slightly chuckled , remaining silent. "Do you recall it?", I ask. Silence followed. "Reece?", I nudge him with my elbow but I guess he had fallen asleep.
With a sigh , I look back to the ceiling- in hope I'd fall asleep too.

••
Flashback
2½ months ago

"Listen , I have a busy day. Maybe we can speak when I get home " . Pinching the bridge of his nose , Reece leaned back in his leather seat, listening to hailey talk his ear off.

"My parents have asked us to dine with them for weeks now . I feel like our relationship isn't going anywhere. You're always too busy for your wife-", she continued to rant and throw her everyday tantrums. Reece had a headache just listening to her yap.

"Hailey , I have interviews to conduct. I will speak with you later-", I hang up without waiting for her to say goodbye. Stella had sent in the next girl. She was tall , slim and a red head. "Mr Alexander", she beamed - rushing over in those heels to shake his hand. "Take a seat-", he gestured and she nod. His phone buzzed and quickly he glanced down at the message from his mother.

Mother :

Do not start your bullshit.
Treat hailey with respect, she
is your wife. If she asks for
something, do it with no complaints.

Reece clenched his jaw. He hated when hailey would play victim and complain to his mother. It was their marriage- their problems. Why involve others and make him the villain?

"So - Alexa Baker", he scanned through her resume. "You were a personal assistant prior-", he looked up at the girl who couldn't take her eyes off his face. Every girl he interviewed thus far , either stuttered or blushed crimson. "Yes sir, for almost 2 years. I quit because this position opened up and I thought it would be nicer to work here ", she dragged her words , trying to sound seductive and luring. Reece leaned back in his seat. "You should have not quit. Always get the new job first before leaving the old", he deadpan and she turned red out of embarrassment.

"Listen , I just need someone who will bring me coffee. Tell me my schedule and join me in meetings to take down important notes. Also - you as the p.a will handle client emails ", he went on and she nod her head. "I understand sir. I am not a problematic individual and can multitask when required. Your coffee will be bought from -", the door swings open , grabbing both their attention.

"Oh my God! Did I break it? I'll pay for it. I'm so sorry , it's just that I'm late for my interview and -", she goes silent when she noticed there was someone filling in her missed time. "Oh. Uhm - awkward ", she whispered. Reece stared at the girl ,who appeared younger than the rest. Long brown hair , doe eyes that sparkled. Her cheeks had a faint tint of pink , indicating she was embarrassed. His eyes lower to her outfit - a pale blue dress which reached down to her ankles , cute white sneakers and a ribbon in her hair.

"You are?", he asked. "Anastasia Rosalie Cora, sir. I think I missed my interview-", she trailed off ,noticing the smirk on the other girls face. Reece remained silent , just staring at her. Infact he was gawking. Her bubbly first impression had him intrigued. "Ms baker , my secretary will update you if you got the job or not-", the confused girl rose to her feet, shaking his hand. "Thank you sir", she gave a toothy smile before leaving the office.

Anastasia's eyes bounced around the office. The interior was exquisite. He had a taste for both modern and vintage. "Ms Cora, take a seat", he gestured and she hurriedly sat down. "It's a pleasure meeting you ,sir", she smiled , eyes turning into Cresent moons. How could someone be this pretty yet stupid? She seemed childish. "How old are you?" , he scanned through her resume , noticing she had not worked previously because she's a college student. "21", she drummed her fingers on her thighs.

"This would be your first job-", he put down the resume , leaning back in his seat. "Yes sir ", he noticed the way her lips would form an O after saying the word 'sir'. Lifting a hand , he adjusted his tie. "And how would I know you're able to carry this task?", he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table between them.

"Well , you wouldn't know until you watch me in action ", she giggled ,earning a subtle smile from Reece. She was indeed a cute one. "You're young, Ms Cora. I don't usually hire staff under 25", his tone stern and abrupt. Anastasia cleared her throat , not knowing how to respond.

"You're red-", he teased with a straight face. "Nervous-", she whispered, staring at his table. "Listen , I'll give you 5 months. If you fail to keep up or do what you're told then I'll be forced to let you go. Seeing that you're a college student, I might as well just help you out", before he could go on , she squealed, clapping her hands excitedly. He hadn't even questioned her about important things - like - does she know how to operate a laptop? Does she understand how to send emails... Reece picked her - simply because he found her cute.

She was naive, young and beautiful.

Having to see her every day would bring him peace from his already chaotic life.