.Chapter 12.

Virgil's POV:

When I went to school the next day my friends kept asking if I was ok, which I told them "yes". I really do feel better, I'm still a bit shocked by it but other than that I'm good. Classes were boring and nothing really happened at lunch, but Roman kept glancing at me. Not in a rude way or anything, just kept looking at me. He did that in a few of my other classes too but I didn't think anything of it. Then I remembered that we have the beach day with Roman, Patton, Logan, Janus, Remus, and I. I feel my face heat up a bit.

"Yo V, you good? Your face is red" Alecia asked me, on our way to play/choir practice. I look at her and nod.

"Yeah, just thinking" I tell her, then she gives me a smug look.

"Ohhh, about Roman?" She says and I feel my face get warmer.

"N-no. Why should I think about Roman and the fact that we're having a beach trip soon and I'll get to see him shirtless and in swim trunks not that it matters" I babble, then I stop. Alecia stops and looks at me. She smiles and I cover my face with my hands. I feel my face get even brighter.

"Ok, now you can't convince me otherwise dude. You like Roman, don't you?" She whispered the last part so that other people didn't hear us talking. I nodded, not wanting to speak anymore.

"Ok, well lets just go to class, it's the last one of the day anyways. Tell me more later" She grabbed my hand and basically dragged me to class.

We get to the choir classroom and Mrs. Hemsworth has us do a few warmups then we do a quick run-through of all our songs in the play, basically a crash-and-burn. After that she tells us we're going to meet with the kids doing the play and practice with them. I roll my eyes but go because I have too. Mrs. Hemsworth tells us that if we're actually playing a role in the play, to go onto the stage and everyone else to stay in the crowd. Since I'm playing Roman's love interest in the play, we have a song that we have to sing together. A love song to be exact. While Mrs. Hemsworth took the choir students that don't have a role in another room to practice songs while I had to stay and practice lines and such.

Then there's a scene where me and Roman talk directly to each other, so we had to face each other and talk.

But the problem is it was just us on the stage and everybody else was watching us. Everybody. I feel my anxiety heighten and my breathing quickens. Nobody seems to notice though, which in my case is a good thing. My head starts to feel a bit lightheaded but I keep myself centered. We keep going throug our lines while I feel my anxiety get worse. I just wanna run away, but if I run out of the room then everyone is gonna look. That'll be worse having everyone talk and watch me run out of the room. So I start to shift my weight back and forth and fidget with my hands a bit. It starts to get harder and harder to read my lines while my breathing quickens a bit more. I think Roman started to notice how I was acting because next thing I knew..

"Hey, I think Virgil and I did enough practicing for right now. We should let the others practice a bit, shouldn't we?" Roman said as he turned toward Mr. Moles (the drama/theater teacher).

Roman shot me a quick look and I quickly flashed a thankful smile. I mean, I really am grateful because I feel like I'm suffocating slowly with everyone watching and staring, so I know taking a break will definitely help me calm down a bit.

"Sounds like a good idea, you guys did well today. Alright I want Chris, Riley-" Mr. Moles started as Roman and I walked off stage to go find our seats to watch them practice.

"I said it's Ray not Riley!!" Ray yelled as they walked onto the stage. Chris told them to calm down while he also walked onto the stage.

"My apologies Ray. I still need Zoey, Ruby, Tiana, and Jack" Mr. Moles continued as they all piled onto the stage.