Chapter 7 : Class Leader

Start from the beginning

This fact surprised me. So not only by maintaining our attitude, but we also have to compete with other classes? I turned toward Kasai to see her reaction but there are no changes on the girl's face.

"Heh, surprising isn't it? But that's how it is. You first-year students can still enjoy your days laughing and holding hands, but once the truth is revealed you will be biting each other like hungry dogs."

"Explain further."

"The class that is called class A is the 'best' class so somehow you have to usurp their position. You guys are from class C, right? That means you have to go up to class B then class A and then maintain your position until you graduate. That way you won't have to worry about your future."

"How can we get our class promoted?"

"There's something called class points."

"Class points?"

"Yes. It's class points that determine the class ranking, as opposed to personal points that you use as money. In the beginning, all classes have a thousand class points. Over time those points are deducted for all your violations and bad behaviors. For every class point you have, you will receive one hundreds private point."

Ah, I see. That's why we received a hundred thousand points in the first month. Meaning that if our class points were reduced to five hundred points, the private points we received would also be reduced to fifty thousand points.

"If your class points exceed the class above you, class B, then you will be promoted to class B and the former class B will drop to class C."

So, if we didn't commit many violations, we could have been promoted to class B or even A in one month. Unfortunately, it is already impossible. My classmates have committed a lot of transgressions and based on the info I got from Teiichi and Nee-chan, the students in their class are quite organized and disciplined. If what he said is true then there should be a gap in our class point by now.

"How do you get class points?" this is the most important question. If we had to climb up to class A then there must be a way to accumulate class points. Otherwise, this class competition would be in vain.

"With written exams, and club activities..."

"What else?" it can't be just that. Class A and B each have bright students and many of them join clubs. If points could only be earned through those two things, then we would never be able to reach class A.

"There is something called, a special exam."

"Special exam?"

"As the name implies, the special exam is a test with certain rules where all classes compete in it. By winning the exam, you get quite a lot of class points. The exact number varies depending on the rules."

"What's the special exam like? Can you explain in detail?"

"Unfortunately there's no point in explaining it. To maintain confidentiality, the school enforces a different special exam each year. Sometimes they might just recycle old exams that were held 5 to 7 years ago."

By staging different exams every year, the seniors wouldn't be able to help the juniors even if they wanted to. Pretty smart but at the same time must be very troublesome. Whoever designed the special exams had to rack their brains every year to devise a new one, but given the old ones that could have been used, it probably wouldn't be that much of a hassle.

"What was the first special exam you took?"

"I told you it's useless."

"Just answer."