Chapter 55

return

disaster apocalypse daily

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 55

    The snow outside was getting heavier and heavier, and the men in the family were sweeping the yard with big brooms. The park they lived in had changed a lot in the past three years. The surrounding trees grew into towering trees, the tallest of which were tens of meters high. I don’t know how it can be so high. When they built the house, they cleaned up the surrounding plants, leaving only a few magnolia trees that did not affect the lighting of the house. Now these magnolia trees exceed their growth space, reaching a height of more than 20 meters , the canopy above is like a big umbrella, the weather is changing now, many plants wanted to be cut down, so as not to affect the growth of vegetables and food on the ground, but the sun was too strong in the summer of the previous year, many people were sunburned, and even Because the explosion caused people to die due to lack of water, since then, people have carefully selected the trees to cut down, and the trees in the park are no longer cut down easily.

    Several magnolia trees in Song Jin's house were also preserved. The mutation of the planet is a good thing for plants. The plants on the ground are growing vigorously, and some plants that are not suitable for the weather have also become strong and vigorous through mutation. It seems that the sweet potato vine has become an indispensable food for people's life. After mutation, the rhizome of the sweet potato has almost disappeared. Today's sweet potato is less than the size of a ping pong ball, and the growth of an acre of land is not much, so it cannot be used as a staple food. The sweet potato vine is a big change, the vine can grow tens of meters, the leaves are very big, just like the big cattail fan, these leaves fully absorb the sunlight energy, the stronger the light, the better it grows, this kind of leaves are not only more delicious than the previous sweet potato leaves , It is also good for the human body. It is very healthy after eating. The vine branches of sweet potato vines are already very thick when they grow to one meter, and they are as thick as yam when they grow to ten meters. The outer skin is very flexible. Peel the skin and squeeze the juice inside. The juice contains starch, which can be boiled to make a translucent sticky cake-like food. Now it is called sweet potato cake. Because this kind of sweet potato cake contains a lot of starch, it is used as a staple food and becomes a staple food on people's tables. In addition, the skin cut from sweet potato vines can be made into ropes or weaving mats, which have many functions.

    After three years, many food changes have stabilized, some of them no longer bear fruit, and their reproduction has changed. Now the most grown in the field are sweet potatoes, followed by potatoes, and large leafy vegetables, which were often eaten in the past. Rice and wheat are only planted sporadically. After all, the most important thing is to have enough food these days.

    Unlike humans who are still adapting to the new environment, animals are more adaptable. Maybe the environment changes are more suitable for animals. Now wild animals are beginning to appear. Last year, there was a riot in the cattle farms in the city. Several bulls rushed out of the guardrail and took The cattle rushed into the mountains on the east side, and they were captured by the army afterward, but most of them were shot dead. It was because these guys were so big that a dozen people couldn't catch them. The plants grow well, and these grass eaters Blessed are the animals, each one grows fatter and fatter, and the taste is of course getting better and better. Nowadays, many people in the city simply became shepherds, specializing in raising these livestock, but after the cattle riot, people became more careful, for fear that the livestock would riot again.