Chapter 46

return

disaster apocalypse daily

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 46

    It rained heavily for a whole week. Although the district sent people to help transfer, some people were unable to escape suddenly because of the rain, and then people were blocked in the building because of the water, and food began to be in short supply again. The boats began to distribute relief one by one, and there was not much food stored on it. We couldn't just disperse all the food because of a flood. Now that natural disasters continue, we don't know what will happen next.

    In order to prevent those who have food at home to come out to receive relief food, the district issued new regulations. Only those who really have no food at home can receive relief food, and in the future they will have to repay it through labor. Every family receiving relief food must After being inspected, the population registration in the eighth and ninth districts is very complete, and the population of each household is transparent, and the neighbors supervise each other, so it is very difficult for anyone to cheat. If they were found to be receiving relief food and they still had food in their homes, they would be expelled from the eighth and nineth districts if they were fined lightly and severely.     Now the eight and nine districts have been managed very well, and because of the mineral resources, there are a lot of resources at hand, at least no one has starved to death, so no one is willing to take risks except for a very few.     A few days later, the rain receded, and the district issued a task to clean up the sewers, so that the situation of being flooded by rainwater could no longer happen.     This is a mandatory task, and each family has to contribute a labor.     Song Jin also got busy, and the deployment of manpower was still under his control. Fortunately, he had made preparations in advance and divided the staff into several groups. Just like this, he left early and returned late every day.     The heavy rain also brought bad news. Many corns that were about to mature in the fields fell down, and the fields were also flooded. Only one-fifth of them were rescued. This was a huge blow to the people after the disaster.     The sewers and water outlets were cleaned up. In order to provide food for the winter, all the land in the city except the main driveway was upturned and all were planted with sweet potatoes.

    These sweet potatoes were taken out secretly by Song Jin and Li Mo. The two of them guarded the large amount of food in the space but watched the people outside starving. They felt very uncomfortable. They are not the Holy Mother, they are not great enough to contribute the space, It is also impossible for people to know that they have such a space. Under the current situation, it is foreseeable that when their space is discovered, their consequences are absolutely beyond their imagination.

    No matter how careful they are, they just give people a little hope.

    Fortunately, Zeng Yi is not a short-sighted person. After discovering the sweet potatoes, he began to find someone to breed them after two days of consideration, and then organized people to clean up the land and plant them.

    They don’t have much land, and now several districts are on guard against each other. There are some fields in the suburbs, but it’s hard to guarantee that they won’t be preempted when they are planted there, so they can only think of this way. All the places except the main road are reclaimed. .

    A month later, Song Jin stood at the window of his house and looked out. Green leaves covered the front and back of the house, which is the color of hope.

    These sweet potatoes are treasures now, and everyone's eyes are on them, for fear that the little thief will dig up one or two.

    Although there was a heavy rain that reduced the production of corn in the fields, the vegetables grown by each household did not have much impact. Soon the vegetables on the market became abundant, and the prices were relatively low, but more people All the vegetables are made into pickles and dried in the sun.

    Song Jin's family also had a bumper harvest, and the vegetables were ripening one after another. In the past few days, a large basket of tomatoes has been accumulated at home. Song Jin is just resting and plans to make tomato sauce.

    The bottle of ketchup was received from Zeng Yi’s supermarket. As a bonus, the points can be exchanged for daily necessities in addition to food. However, most people can exchange for limited items. Song Jin can exchange more, because of work. There is also the benefit of point discount once a month, you can go to the warehouse to find things.

    Because there are quite a lot of things in the space, he doesn’t exchange many things. These sealed bottles are found in a box of twenty-four one-liter boxes from the warehouse, which are very easy to use.

    The tomatoes at home didn't grow very well and had a strong flavor, so he mixed in some tomatoes from the space, and the tomato sauce he made tasted quite good.

    The ketchup was just made and before it was cold, I saw a few little guys lying on the door and looking into the house. The twins who had just walked were sniffing at the kitchen. They had exactly the same face and were super cute.

    "You guys go sit in the house. We have French fries today."

    "Okay." George called out, and the twins, who didn't know his name, followed suit.

    Seeing the little guys staggering away, Song Jin smiled, then sighed, talking about the little guys these days are really well-behaved, but they can't live a normal life like before, George and the others can do it according to their age I am in elementary school, but now that all schools are closed, where do I go to school?

    The days slowly came to the end of September, the weather started to get colder, the sweet potatoes in the field were ripe, and the harvest season came, but there was no big harvest, maybe the soil was not fertile enough, or maybe the planting time was wrong, most of the sweet potatoes were only the size of a fist, not There are as many as imagined, but fortunately, there are a lot of them, enough for people in two districts to eat until May next year.     Because there was not much food, not all of it was distributed, and I was afraid that some people would not save and eat up all at once. Now the food is paid on a monthly basis. If I run out of food before the end of the month, I will have to starve.     The first snow fell in early October, and the cold weather came.     As early as a month ago, the district began to dredge the heating pipes. After the discovery of the mineral deposit, Zeng Yi began to stockpile a new mine. The new mine has now been renamed Huojing. Huojing is less combustible and consumes less fuel, so the district has the confidence to give it to everyone. heating.     In November, the weather is already unbearably cold, and the heating was started half a month ago, but the temperature of the water flowing to each house is not high, energy is wasted on the road, and the underground pipes are not that warm.     The temperature in Song Jin's upstairs room was only ten degrees above zero. This is much better than other districts.

previous chapter

bookmark

back to directory

next chapter

HomeMy BookshelfReading History

The content of this site is only for free learning and exchange, and shall not be used for any commercial purposes