Royal Rumble 2023 January 28, 2023.

Men's Royal Rumble Match 2023.

Here is the list of participants in the order they entered the match.

Gunther
Sheamus
The Miz
Kofi Kingston
Johnny Gargano
Xavier Woods
Karrion Kross
Chad Gable
Drew McIntyre
Santos Escobar
Angelo Dawkins
Brock Lesnar
Bobby Lashley
Baron Corbin
Seth Rollins
Otis
Rey Mysterio (Never came to the ring)
Dominik Mysterio
Elias
Finn Bálor
Booker T
Damian Priest
Montez Ford
Edge
Austin Theory
Omos
Braun Strowman
Ricochet
Logan Paul
Cody Rhodes

This year's men's match was light on surprises, but it made up for that by addressing several different storylines.

Other than Kingston's save going poorly, this was a decent Rumble. Most of the eliminations made sense. The winner was predictable, but that isn't always a bad thing.

The final four competitors were Logan Paul, Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins and Gunther.

Paul eliminated Rollins in a shocking moment before Rhodes threw him out. After The American Nightmare endured a series of strikes from Gunther for several minutes, Rhodes tossed him out to claim victory.

Winner: Cody Rhodes

Grade: B-

Notable Moments and Observations

Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston's gear was awesome. The way Sheamus and Johnny Gargano eliminated The Miz was great. You could tell Michael Cole was genuinely happy to have Pat McAfee back at the booth. Kingston tried to save himself and ended up hitting the announce table. He was down holding his head for some time. Brock Lesnar being eliminated in less than three minutes was one of the most shocking things in this match. You have to hand it to Baron Corbin. He is always willing to look like an idiot to make a babyface look good. Dominik Mysterio was trying really hard to rip his dad's mask and just couldn't do it. The kicks Sheamus and Drew McIntyre hit to Elias looked nasty. Gunther's back was all cut up from getting his by Elias' guitar. Not having somebody else take Rey Mysterio's spot was a waste. Rhodes may have gotten just as big of a pop when he eliminated Dom as he did when he came to the ring. Paul and Ricochet springboarding into the ring to collide with each other was a fantastic spot. Gunther broke Rey Mysterio's record for the longest Rumble performance.

Edge makes his triumphant return and wipes out The Judgment Day: WWE Royal Rumble 2023 highlights

LA Knight vs. Bray Wyatt.

The Mountain Dew Pitch Black match was the second bout of the night. LA Knight was out first, and then WWE played a video package recapping their feud before Bray Wyatt made his entrance.

The ring had a big Mountain Dew logo in the middle that was glow-in-the-dark. The ropes and Knight's gear were also neon yellow. Wyatt was wearing paint that only showed under the black light.