CHAPTER 15:

"Y/N! Someone's waiting at the door for you!" Mom yells from downstairs as I finish getting ready.

"Yeah, coming!" I yell back. I ran downstairs to find Jim waiting by the door patiently smiling at me. "Oh, hey Jim, you need something?" I say confused.

"Nope. I just thought it'd be nice to bike with you to school. That is, if you want to, of course." Jim says sweetly scratching the back of his neck.

"O-Oh... um, yes! I mean- sure! Well, I'm not ready yet, so could you maybe give me 5 minutes?" I sheepishly smile. The boy nods. I then start to hear my mom chuckle from behind. I see the woman, peaking her head out with her phone. She finds me looking at her with narrow eyes, she smiles and un-peaks her head. I sigh, "Um, you can go sit down on the couch Jim."

"Yep, No hay problema!" Jim says while sitting down on the couch. I chuckle at Jim's Spanish, making him blush in realization. I then walk over to where my mom was.

"Don't make this weird mom." I whisper sternly.

"Don't worry, honey. Why would I make it weird?" She smiles innocently. I sigh, this woman is up to something. I walk upstairs, finishing up. As I close my bedroom door, ready to leave I hear talking from below. I stop and listen, eavesdropping on the two.

"So, you and my daughter are dating?" I hear mom say, as she pours tea and hands it over to the boy. Jim chokes on the tea while sipping it halfway.

"U-Uhm, yes. I am dating your daughter." I hear Jim say nervously. My bursts out laughing, startling me.

"Oh Jim dear, there's nothing to be nervous about! I'm sorry if that came out of the blue."

"Oh, no- it's alright. It just caught me off guard. " Jim chuckles nervously. Oh man, he must be so nervous! Sorry for my mom putting you on the spot Jim... As I was about to go down, I hear my mom ask a question.

"So then. What do you like about my daughter?" Now this peaked my interest. I stopped and listen close again.

"Well... for starters. If I'm being honest. I've kind of, always liked your daughter from the very beginning. She's very smart, pretty, Humble, and generous. Oh, man, I could name all good things about her Miss. But, one thing that really made me like her, was just her personality. Who she is as a person. She's always there to help someone out, she always has good intentions. The way she is, she just makes me so happy when I'm around her." My heart is pounding so much right now– is this all true Jim? Is what you said really true? "Your daughter is just the most perfect girl I've ever met." I feel my cheeks warm up quickly, blood rushing.

"I'm glad to hear that Jim." Mom says as she sips her tea. "I'm glad she's met a handsome boy like you Jim, I really am."

"Y-Yeah..."

"You and Y/N sound like you're getting along well. There aren't that many guys who are like you. I'm glad chivalry isn't dead." She chuckles, making Jim chuckle as well. "Oh, before you and Y/N leave, there's something I wanted to show you!"

I then hear my mom grab out her phone. Mom, you better now be showing him, what I think you're showing him–'

"I caught this when you two–" No- no- no- no. I rush downstairs bringing the attention to me.

"Hahaha– alright Jim, I'm all yours! I-I mean ready–Yep! Now let's go!" I grabbed Jim's arm rushingly, bringing him to the door, and shoving him out.

"What– Y/N–" Jim says but I cut him off.

"Love ya– see ya later mom!" I exclaim.

"It was nice to meet you again, Mrs. L/N!" Jim exclaims, right before I close the door.