Maggie smiled."You must've really loved him."
She said.Y/n looked down at her hand with a bitter look.

"Yeah.."Y/n said.She chewed on the inside of her cheek waiting for Maggie to say something,or do something."You okay?"She looked up at Maggie.
Maggie nodded avoiding eye contact with Y/n.

"You saw a lot the other day.Somethin' no one should experience.Especially with a friend."Y/n said.

Maggies eyes filled with tears."I was there and I couldn't stop it."She said.Y/n looked around.

The green trees waved in motion with the wind.
The sun buzzing down,heating the cement up.Bugs and critters chirping everywhere around them.

"It ain't your fault Mag.What happened,
happened and it shouldn't have.It was inevitable. Carl,Lori,nor you deserved that."Y/n said not knowing the right words to say.

Y/n turned to her, hesitantly wrapped her arm around Maggie's shoulder and pulled her closer.Maggie laid her head on Y/n's shoulder as she cried.Y/n rubbed her thumb on her shoulder staring off into the distance some more.

This was the first Y/n had hugged someone in a long time.To her it felt nice and comforting.

-

Y/n checked the batteries in the flashlight and then put it in her bag.She grabbed the gun and checked the ammo.It was low but still useful.
She put it in the holder and grabbed other things.

Then Daryl walked in.Y/n turned her head.

"You're back finally.Im 'bout to leave,need anythin'?"Y/n asked.Daryl shook his head."Ya sure?"She asked.Daryl's face had a tint of red on his cheeks.He nodded.Y/n looked at him confused.She exhaled quietly then grabbed her bow.

"Well,Ill see ya 'round."She said.Before she could leave Daryl grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Wha..What's wrong?"She asked looking down at the hand on her arm.Daryl stared at her as she looked at him confused.

"Um.."He let go of her arms."So..are we.."He started."We what?"She asked.

"God,don't make me say it,Y/n."He groaned out his hand over his face.His face grew more red of embarrassment.

Y/n just looked at him then a smiled crept up on her face."We..a thing...like couple shit.."Daryl asked awkwardly making a whole shit ton of unnecessary hand gestures.Y/n paused and then snorted.

"Thats cute,D.Don't gotta be embarrassed to ask."She smiled.Daryl looked away.Y/n looked down,knowing he's being serious.

"We'll talk after the run."Y/n stepped in front of him."I really really do like you.But I don't want you to be hurt if I don't come back after this run."Y/n said.Daryl's face saddened.

"So before I say anything,I gotta get past this run."She said."Yer not gonna die."Daryl grumbled.Y/n gave a sad smiled."I gotta go."She whispered and slowly left the room.She looked back before continuing on down the stairs.Daryl stood there for a minute,biting his lip.Then left as well.

-

Y/n threw her bag in through the window and climbed in.