Chapter 17: A Knock at the Door

Peri turns back to her mate, starting a conversation in hushed tones, looking about the dining room. I try to discreetly follow their eye movements, but whatever they are seeing I am missing. The pack seems to be in good spirits as they chat and stuff their faces with the delicious food in front of them. There are children playing together in the aisles and teenagers sneaking away from the dining room with hopes of going unnoticed. The overall sense in here is nothing if not pleasant; and yet, if I reach out to Peri I feel a sense of tension and distress.

"Earth to Lexi!" Celine waves her hand in front of my face to draw my attention.

"Oh," I pull myself back and look at her.

"Nice vacation?"

"I blame the mashed potatoes. They're so heavy and delectable they make me sleepy," I chuckle and Celine laughs along with me.

"Well, you might want to head to bed then. I want to see you in my workshop tomorrow morning at eight so we can do some alterations. I'll take you to the Luna for rehearsal." She wags her finger at me with an attempted stern look on her face.

"Bed it is then," I surrender with a yawn. "Seb?"

"Count me in!" He nearly jumps from his chair and reaches for my own.

"I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow," I say to the group before raising from my seat and taking Seb's hand and heading straight for the apartment.

Once inside, the door securely locked behind us, I slipped my shoes off and sighed. Seb opened his arms, letting me step into them before he tightened then around me in reassurance. We stayed there for a moment, just enjoying the safety and security of each other. I felt his nose run up along my shoulder, over my neck and up across my cheek as he pushed his lips softly against mine. He was so warm and inviting that a quiet moan escaped from my lips at the gentle contact. His whole body tensed underneath me, the muscles in his arms bulging around me, his back flexing under the palms of my hands. He started walking, not disconnecting our lips from one another, instead biting down on my lower ones to force my mouth open in a gasp. He took the opportunity to slide his tongue inside and fight with mine.

My back hit the hard surface of the bedroom door and Seb pushed himself flush against me with a new and feverish need rolling off of him which spurred Lux. I tried to clamp my knees together to gain some kind of friction, some kind of relief to ease her sexual desires. Seb's hands quickly found their way to my breasts, he pinched my nipples over the fabric of my shirt which made my knees clench harder and a moan escape from me. The growl from his chest seemed to vibrate right through me to my soaking panties as I reached under his shirt to feel his hard muscles under my hands. I scratched lightly back down to the hem of his shirt, grabbing it and pulling it determinedly over his head.

At first, he was surprised by my boldness, and as our kiss was broken I could see him fighting his wolf back under control. But I wanted to see more. So, I reached up and pulled his lips back down to mine, running my hands through his hair and tugging. His growl made my knees weak and I was lucky it was at that moment he grabbed my ass and lifted me, wrapping my legs around his hips. Without being able to clench my thighs, I found myself grinding against him, pushing my covered pussy against his hardness. He was meeting my movements with a firm grip on my ass to hold me as close as he could get me.

Before I know it, Seb has walked us to the bed and plopped us down, him hovering over me with his weight on his elbows, my legs still wrapped around him. In this position he is almost thrusting himself against me and I can't help but dig my nails slightly into his sides and groan and the delicious heat between us.

"Seb," I moan and he stills completely, lifting his head to meet my gaze.

"I know," he sighs, dropping his head onto my chest.

He starts to pull back from me but I refuse to unlock my legs from around him, earning me a cocked eyebrow. "Where do you think you're going?"

"We should stop," he sighs again.

"Is that what you want?" I try not to whine.

His eyes darken with lust. "Is that not what you want?"

"I want you to show me more," I whisper. Lux wants to rip my clothes from my body and surrender myself to him, but I am holding the logic that I can make this work without completely giving myself to him yet.

"Lexi," he moans as his lips find their way to my neck, biting and sucking down the length of it. He reaches for the hem of my shirt, "can I take this off?"

"Take off what you like," I hear Lux's sultry tone in my voice.

Seb wastes no time in throwing the shirt over my head and unclasping my bra. His mouth latches onto my pebble hard nipples making me throw my head back and groan. He takes each nipple in his mouth, teasing it with his soft tongue. At the same time, his hand finds its way under my leggings, running over the length of my slit before settling a finger rubbing tight circles over my clit. I can't control the way my hips are bucking, trying to get closer to his hardened cock through our clothes.

"You're already wet," he whines against my breasts.

His mouth leaves my nipples, causing me to whine as his mouth presses at steady intervals down the length of my stomach to the waistband of my pants. His strong hands move to hook themselves around the waist of my pants and pull them down slowly, his eyes never leaving mine as he exposes all of me to himself.

"Fuck, you smell so good," he moans as he leans forward and places a gentle kiss against my lower lips.

My whole body shutters and I can feel the barrier between Lux and I falling away. "Fuck, Seb," my hand rests in his hair, shaking with the anticipation.

"Tell me you want me to," he mutters, his lips still against mine.

"Oh god, Seb. I want you to," my breath seems to hitch in my throat, waiting impatiently.

He inhales deeply before teasingly licking a long strip down the entirety of my slit, not passing my lips. "Like that?"

"Ugh no!" I almost scream.

His eyes darken even more as he looks at me. He does the same motion twice more and I can tell he is enjoying watching me squirm. Finally, he adds enough pressure to pass my lips and touch the sensitive bundle of nerves. I am practically panting at the feeling.

Before either one of us can make another move, there is firm banging at the front door. Neither of us move to get it, Seb repeating his sweet torture once again as I try to control the moans coming from me. Not a moment later, a louder and more determined bang from the front door seems to draw his attention.

"Someone is determined to die," he mutters as he stands, adjusts himself and leaves the room with the door open.

I quickly snatch my shirt from the floor in case someone comes in. I can hear Seb whispering to someone at the front door in an irritated tone. There is a prickling rage and annoyance coming from him as he sighs and shuts the door.

"I have to go," he mutters angrily, grabbing a t-shirt from the closet.

"Is everything alright?"

"Everything is okay, princess. It's pack business. I will be back tomorrow morning. Lock the door behind me and promise me you won't open it for anyone you don't know."

"I promise," I mutter, standing from the bed and slipping on my sleeping shorts from the night before.

Seb looks over and must see the disappointment on my face. "I don't want to go; but I have to," he whispers as his hands grasp my hips. "Look at me Lexington." I obey and his soft eyes look over my face, taking in the details before he leans in and kisses me softly. "Try to get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow."

I walk Seb back to the door. I let him go without looking to see who has come to get him. Once he's gone, I close and lock the door firmly behind him with a sigh. I climbed back into bed and wrapped myself around one of the fluffy pillows and tried to erase the uneasy feeling growing in the pit of my stomach.