Chapter 5: Romantic

"Ugh!" I plopped myself down on the uncomfortably hard bed of the hotel and groaned loud enough for Seb to hear me in the bathroom. His laughter echoed through the room making me even more frustrated. "Don't laugh! You didn't even help!"

I hear the padding footsteps of him approaching, still laughing. I grabbed the pillow from behind my head and chucked it at him as he came into the room. Without missing a beat, he caught the pillow from the air and tucked it under his arm. "You didn't need my help. And, don't throw things! I'm keeping this; you clearly can't be trusted."

"Why are humans so handsy?" I groaned again.

"Don't exaggerate!" Seb teased as he threw himself down on the bed with his hands behind his head.

"He grabbed my ass!" I growled and Seb's face turned red as he laughed harder.

The day had been better since Seb began speaking again. We had the lighthearted conversation and periodic silence as we trekked through the woods. I got the sense that we both felt more at home in the forest than we did in the city. We had both agreed not to let the wolves out and stay on foot. If I had known that the humans in this god-forsaken city would be so intolerable, I would have argued harder for a run.

We hadn't been in the city five minutes, standing in line at what Seb called a 'chip truck' and I called a glorified tin frier, when a group of university students had approached us. At first it seemed like harmless conversation about where we were from and where we were going; but then, it turned into what was I doing later and was I interested in a couple of drinks back at their house. I quickly turned them down and tried to place Seb between myself and the group but he was too preoccupied deciding what to order and left me to deal with the men on my own. Even though I continued to turn down their advances, as we were leaving the picnic bench where we scarfed down our lunch, one of the men approached me and grabbed my bottom insisting I come home with him for the night because I was too beautiful to pass up.

Seb's attention was only brought back to me when I smacked the man in the face and yelled for him to keep his hands off of me. At that point, Seb came over, wrapped his arm around me and steered me away from him giving me a lecture about how we can't hit the humans.

"I still don't agree that we can't whack the living shit out of them if they put their hands on us," I groaned at him.

"I know but we're the stronger species," Seb shrugged. "Next time, clue me in earlier and I'll scare them off."

"I tried!" I throw my hands up in the air and let them fall back to the bed.

"Clearly not hard enough."

"Would you like me to pull my shirt off and shout your name next time I need your attention?"

Seb smirks at me devilishly. "I would like that very much sweetheart."

"You're the worst fake boyfriend I've ever had." I stick my tongue out at him, flipping him my middle finger to accent my point.

"Oh? And you've had so many?" He rolled over on his stomach like a teenager girl on the phone and tilted his head at me.

A blush crept from my neck into my cheeks. "I haven't had boyfriends of any kind actually. My father," my heart ached and I took a deep breath. "He was a very strict Alpha. Most of the boys felt that getting involved with me would bring on the wrath of my father."

"Were they right?" He tried to joke around the pain.

"They were," I gave him a small smirk. "My dad would make heads roll for his little girl."

"My dad was the same," he said quietly.

"Treated you like his little girl?" I repaid the joke.

"I had three younger sisters and my father would have destroyed anyone that touched them," he sighed and rubbed his hands over his face.