"It's not just Sam", Daniela started, "His dad's sick".

They both looked at her.

Johny couldn't really remember Nick's dad all that much. He went into prison only two months after the boys became friends.

Despite, whatever put his dad behind bars, Nick still adored him.

"How do you know this?" Racheal asked.

"Yara".

The table was quiet for a moment until Johny asked, "Any sign of Elin?"

They both shook their heads at the same time.

It had been four days since he'd last seen the kid.

"Maybe we should search for him again?" Daniela offered.

Johny had a pretty good idea as to where he was. "He'll come around. I'm sure of it".

"I wish he wouldnt up and disappear like he does". Daniela mumbled. Next to her, Racheal bobbed her head in agreement.

"It's not the end of the world". Johny grunted, "He doesn't have to show up everyday".

It would be nice tho.

"After this we're going to the salon shop". Daniela said, changing the subject. "With the girls".

"You think that I could borrow your mum's car?" He asked.

There was no way he was sticking around any longer.

She raised a brow at him. "What, and make us walk home?"

"It's not a long walk".

"What about Caleb?"

Caleb was nearly thirteen. He'd be perfectly fine to do what he wanted. Whether that entailed sticking around here, or going home. "He's fine on his own".

"What do you need the car for?"

"Something".

She narrowed her eyes at Johny. With a sigh she leaned back in her chair. "Fine. Here". She handed him the keys.

"Thanks".

"Whatever your doing better be important". She grumbled.

Oh, it is.

----------------------------

I swear, if I'm wrong about this, and I have to face that shady ass Jae again, I'm going to kill you Elin. Johny mentally growled.

He pulled up to the curb near the white apartment and got out. This was his third time coming here in the past three weeks, and it was really getting to him.

Instead of using the elevator like last time he took the stairs up.

Johny didn't hesitate when he reached Jae Ventis' apartment. He knocked quick and loud.

A moment of nothing passed and then the light beneath the door shifted.

He held his breath.

The door eased open.

I knew it!

Standing in the open doorway was exactly the person he hoped to find. Elin.

I knew that guy was lying!

Whatever triumph he had been feeling slipped away the moment his eyes met with Elin's.

There was something wrong with his gaze. Shock? Or was it anger?

"W-what are you-how did you...?" Elin stumbled over his words before he just stopped.

Elin looked horrible. He was hunched into himself. His hair was falling in crazy snarls. He looked...small. it was unsettling.

"Come on". Johny said motioning in the direction he had come. "Let's go".

Elin shook his head and backed furthur into the apartment. "I dont know how you knew about me, or Jae. But-"

"You mentioned it".

"Huh?" Elin gave him a puzzled look.

"When you were drunk". He lied.

His mouth opened, but no words came out. Eventually he clamped it shut.

"So...you wanna go do something?"

This was probably the weirdest thing Johny had ever done. He wasn't sure why he was even doing it. But Elin looked like he needed...something.

"I dont-"

"I dont care what we do! You can choose". He rushed out.

Elin seemed to think over the offer before he finally said. "You can give me a ride. If you have the car".

"I do".

"Kay. Give me a sec".

Elin walked away for a moment. When he came back he was wearing a loose black jacket, and a back pack was slung over his shoulder.

"Ready?" Johny asked.

"Yeah".