A Night For Us - Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

Start from the beginning

Once the final swipe of lipstick was done she chanced another glance at the clock, realising it was almost time for the car to arrive so she knew it was time to get dressed and with careful handling she pulled the dress over her body so as not to tear it or get makeup on it. It was a perfect fit, the material hugging her body in a way that made her feel beautiful and one look in the mirror confirmed it, she looked amazing and no doubt Eddie would agree, although he liked to say that she did even when she was dressed in sweats with no makeup and her hair tied up in a bun.

Now all that was left to do was to find some shoes. She padded over to the wardrobe that they shared, well she called it a wardrobe but it was definitely bigger than the standard size wardrobe in the sense that it was practically a full sized room filled with clothes and shoes they had accumulated over the years. She was looking for her usual black strappy heeled sandals to finish the look off but instead she found another box tied up with ribbon in its place, albeit a smaller box this time.

She sighed as she pulled it from the shelf, she loved him and she was always grateful for anything he gave her be it big or small but he really didn’t need to buy her all this for one dinner. Taking the present back into the bedroom, she perched on the edge of the bed as she unwrapped it, once again watching as the ribbon fell away and another card sat inside the box.

I love you.

Those three little words that held so much meaning behind them, a feeling he never let her forget, not that she’d ever want to forget how it feels to be loved by him or even how it feels to love him. She couldn’t help the smile that overtook her face as she placed the card on the bed and opened the box, gasping when she saw the black suede heels with matching black bows on the back and red sole. They really were beautiful and just looking at them she could tell they must have cost a lot of money, Eddie really was spoiling her tonight and she couldn’t wait to see him just to tell him how thankful she was and to maybe scold him a little bit for spending so much money on her.

A knock on the door pulled her focus away from the shoes and she guessed it must be the driver to pick her up because if it was Eddie surely he’d have just let himself in. Pulling the shoes from the box she slid her feet into them, marvelling at just how comfortable they were considering the heel was bigger than she was used to wearing. The knocking sounded again and she quickly grabbed her purse and phone before she made her way to the door, the sound of the heels echoing along the hallway in the quiet of the house.

Pulling open the door, she came face to face with none other than her husband, who smiled upon seeing her and she watched it grow as he took in her appearance. “Sweetheart you look beautiful, look even better than I imagined you would” he says in greeting, chuckling as she twirls for him, letting him see the outfit in its entirety.

She was a little dizzy once she’d stopped turning and she grasped onto his arm for support so she didn’t fall over, vaguely hearing Eddie as he spoke. “Steady on there sweetheart, you don’t want to break your neck before dinner” the giggles left her before she even realised, her whole body feeling as if it would float away with how light she felt from happiness and once the room had finally stopped spinning she looked up to be met his big brown eyes, love for her swirling within them.

Straightening up, she finally took the chance to look at him. A pair of Doc Marten shoes adorned his feet, a pair of black dress pants and white button up shirt that wasn’t fully buttoned which gave her a nice view of his chest as her eyes trailed up his body. He looked rather smart or as smartly dressed as he ever got, apart from on their wedding day that was, but his signature leather jacket that he’d had since high school completed his look, it was very much Eddie.

Damn, how’d she get so lucky. It was the only thought to enter her mind as she admired her husband, only she hadn’t thought it, more spoke it aloud as Eddie confirmed for her. “I could ask the same thing darling” he winked and she mentally face palmed herself for the slip up but he moved passed it rather quickly, given his track record for teasing as he offered his arm out to her, “Your carriage awaits m’lady”