Ch. 16 - My Precious Lotus

Start from the beginning

A boar charged out of the woods and in the same moment (y/n) appeared next to Sabito.
The boy froze in a panick and (y/n) threw himself over him.
The boar continued to charge and jabbed it's tusks into (y/n)s back, making him yell in pain.
When the boar backed away to charge again, (y/n) pushed off the ground and jumped into a nearby tree.
He stumbled a bit as he landed on a branch but still held Sabito close to himself.

"Stay here, okay? And for the love of the gods, please don't fall."

(Y/n) set the boy down on a branch thick enough to hold him and jumped down, drawing his blade and turning to the boar.
The two stood staring at each other until (y/n) made eye contact with it.
Then the boar charged and (y/n) danced around it, kiting it away from the tree Sabito was in.

"You better get out of here, beast. Keep trying to attack me and I'll wipe you clean of your arrogance."

(Y/n) threatened and the boar hesitated for a mere moment before it continued to pursue him.
He sighed and sheathed his blade, crouching down and holding his arms open in preparation for the boar to hit him.
It ran into him just as he brought his arms in and grabbed its tusks, making it push him back and come to a hault.

When the boar tried to pull back and charge again, (y/n) calmly held it in place as it screamed.
When it finally gave up on pulling away, (y/n) let its tusks go an it booked it out of there.
(Y/n) let out a hearty laugh and jumped back into the tree he left Sabito in.

"That stupid boar is lucky I'm not hungry. Are you alright, Sabito-kun?"

(Y/n) smiled and pulled the boy into his arms, jumping out of the tree and walking towards the house.

"I'm great! That was awesome! You totally just wrestled a boar! But that thing hurt you, didn't it? Are you okay?"

Sabito's excitement turned into concern but (y/n) simply grinned and nodded.

"Getting stabbed by a boar isn't something I can't handle. I'm a demon after all, so my wounds have already healed. Though, I can't say the same for my clothes... I'll have to clean and patch then up later."

(Y/n) sighed and set Sabito down inside the house, closing the doors behind him and sitting against the wall.

"Hey, why did we come inside? There's still a lot of daylight left."

Sabito wondered and sat next to (y/n) who now had his eyes closed.

"Well, I don't want that thing to come back with its friends and hurt you while I'm trying to relax. Do you think you could find a way to entertain yourself in here? If you can't we can go back outside."

(Y/n) asked with a smile and Sabito took a moment to think.
After a little bit, Sabito snickered and ran off to a different part of the house.
(Y/n) hummed and moved to get up and check where the boy ran off to, only to decide against it and sit back down.

Surly nothing bad will come of this.
Surly Sabito can be left to his own devices, right..?
Hopefully.

After a while of silence, save for the occasional sounds of rustling and shifting fabric, (y/n) heard Sabito making his way back to him.
Only, he was... shuffling his feet?
Like he was trying to be stealthy about something.
Deciding to play along, (y/n) ignored the boy's muffled giggling and stayed where he was with his eyes closed.

The shuffling continued as Sabito got closer until it suddenly stopped.
When (y/n) opened his eyes he shouted in surprise as he was met with a pillow to the face.
Sabito busted into laughter as (y/n) took hold of the pillow and eyed the boy with a playful glint in his eyes.