That's when a tattoo idea popped into my head.

"I have an idea of which tattoo we could get." I said. "We should get my last name."

Alani looked a bit skeptical. "Your last name?"

"Hear me out. You're gonna be my wife one day and that means we'll have the same last name. The permanent ink can symbolise our promise to love each other for eternity."

"That's beautiful. You're really good with your words, Delly." She smiled.

"How else do you think I be finessing the ladies?"

"Boy, I am the basically the only female you talk to. Shut up." She playfully slaps my arm.

"Anyways, are you ready to do this?"

"No! If I die in there, best believe I'm coming back to haunt yo ass first." She warns.

"That'll be a good thing actually, because then you'll always be with me."

"Wardell, stop being corny and come on."  She giggled before dragging me inside the shop. "You're buying me popcorn after this, by the way."

[end of flashback]

I've had this tattoo for 13 years and the memories still feel fresh.

Alani was my breathe of fresh air. I could be myself around her. I didn't need to be the perfect human everyone wanted me to be. I could be free with her. But that was a blessing and a curse sometimes. We would get in trouble a lot and I hated disappointing my parents but the thrill of being bad kind of became addictive and that's when I knew I needed to cut things with Ally off.

I needed stability and Alani couldn't give me that.

These are all the things I need to say to her. Closure if you will. She needs to understand why I did what I did.

Maybe the decision I made 10 years ago won't haunt me as much. Maybe I'll stop dreaming of what could've been.

"Yo, Steph!" Andre yelled as he approached me.

I low-key forgot I was at practice right now.

"What's up, my man?"

"Remember that friend you were telling me about. Well, it looks like she's getting divorce from her husband." Andre says, handing me his phone to read the TMZ article.

'Fashion designer and model, Alani Graham fills for divorce from husband'

This sounds absolutely ridiculous. This can't be true, right? Alani posted pictures with this guy a few weeks ago. I wonder what happened.

"Crazy right?"

"It is crazy. I'll just wait for her to tell me herself. For now, I ain't feeding into the media's bullshit." I lightly shrug.

Andre nodded. "What do you actually want from this girl?"

"I just want to talk about what happened in New York that night, that's it." I clarified. I know how protective Andre gets.

"Alright, bro. Just be careful. There's a lot of history between y'all. I'd hate to see you do something you'll regret." Andre patted my shoulder while I took in his words.

I definitely wouldn't do anything to risk my family or my marriage.

Later that day.

I was feeling hella tired after practice and all I wanted was to go to sleep.

"Oh, you're home." Ayesha walked over and pecked my lips.

"Are you hungry? I'm about to make some avocado toast." She asked, I just shook my head no.

"Is everything okay, babe?" She examines me.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a nap." I reassured her.

I walk over to the fridge and grab a bottle of water before waking over to the couch to get comfortable.

I know it's odd to sleep on the couch but this couch is mad comfy and soft, so I like it.

I was starring up at the ceiling before I started to feel myself drifting off to sleep.

"I love you." Her soft voice echoed.

"I love you too, Ally."

Author's note:
Yo, not Steph getting Alani and Ayesha mixed up. 9 chapters in, I think it's time we turn up the heat. Don't forget to vote and comment. 💕💕