//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return

Start from the beginning

We pulled over at the gate leaving our luggages inside the car. I saw fleet of cars all over the area both at the entrance and inside the mansion. Who's getting married again? Because why else would this amount of people be here.

"Why is Mufid's car here?" I turned around to see his
Rolls-Royce Ghost.

"Malam tanko!" I was about to start my teasing when I saw how red his eyes were. It looked as though he'd been crying for a long period of time. I was suddenly confused.

"What's wrong, Malam tanko?" Jannah questioned but instead of giving us a proper reply, our middle aged gateman burst out into tears as he walked into his room and locked it.

What the heck is happening?

My heart started beating at an unsteady rate, my hands were getting wet with sweat. "I don't feel good about this." I admitted. Sincerely, I felt uneasy.

She got a hold of the door knob before she turned to me. "Calm down, okay?" It was pretty obvious that she herself wasn't comfortable. She was just masking it with her usual toughness but we could see through each other after all.

As we stepped into the house, my eyes roamed the room filled with people. Most of which included paternal and maternal relatives, friends, employees, family friends and people I have never seen in my life.

They all shared a common thing though, their eyes were red most of them were on long hijabs. That was when realisation dawned on me.

Someone is dead. But who?

Another heartbreaking thing was how they looked at me then burst into new set of tears all over again. My body almost gave up on me there. I discarded my shoes tossing them aside, as I walked straight ahead without paying anyone a glance or word.

I sauntered in a ghost manner to the main living room where I assume my parents and other people I know would be. As Jannah and I entered the area, our eyes landed on the corpse that was covered with white clothing on the floor.

"Sabrina.." I didn't even know who tried holding me back all I knew was that I flinched away. My mind was on that corpse laying on the floor. Dropping to my knees, I lifted the white clothing to see the face of the deceased person.

"Inna lillahi!" Jannah exclaimed bursting into tears.

I was shook. I was lost. I was in a feeling of pain and confusion at the same time. I fought the dizziness that came over me as I tried my best to remain calm and I did. It was the doing of Allah after all. He brought Aliza into this world and he returned Aliza back to him.

I did the most rational thing I could do at the moment because I didn't want to believe it. I lifted her head up as I my eyes surveyed the back of her neck in order to find the star sign I craved not to see.

Sadly, the star sign was there.

My Aliza was gone. She's never coming back. I'm all alone in my family. All alone. I had nobody to root for me, neither did I have anyone to support my every move. She'll not be here to witness my countless shenanigans. My Aliza is gone.

Whispering some du'a on her lifeless body, I covered back her face as I rose to my feet. All the eyes that were glued on me waiting for me to make a reaction but I couldn't. I have never felt so crushed, crestfallen, sad, despondent and devastated in my entire existence.

The death of someone close to us is the most devastating experience that will ever happen to us. It can be very painful. People describe it as being cut in two or losing a part of themselves. These feelings can be very frightening and upsetting—now I know how it feels like.