𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 a sigh, you tapped the button to the elevator, stepping inside. Apparently, the commission had some news they wanted to share with you. You have no idea what the contents of this news is, if it's positive or negative, just that you had to be there right away.

You do wish they would tell you that before you got to work, and now you have to leave and have to go halfway across the city to get there. It's a real pain.

Just as the doors opened, Bakugou joined you, dawned in his hero gear. You grinned at him. "Off to another early morning patrol?"

"Yeah, where are you going?" He asked. "The Commission called me and wants me to meet for some announcement. Apparently, it's urgent. Who knows, maybe they're letting you have your own PA again.

You joked, trying to hide your nervousness. His lips quirked slightly, but he didn't laugh. You thought he would find that more amusing, especially considering he doesn't really want you here.

But all he did was murmur a small, "Maybe."

You fidgeted in the awkward silence, unsure of what to say or do. The last thing you do want right now, is to think about some stupid meeting. So, you speak again.

"I know you don't have any sidekicks at the moment, and I don't think you need it or anything, but I could help on patrols if you wanted."  You offered. He slowly turned to face you, and you could tell he didn't like the idea.

"Hey, don't look at me like that! It was just a suggestion. And you haven't seen my quirk, what if I'm super powerful and you don't know it?" You said, unable to stop the giggles that left your lips.

He took another step closer to you, staring down at you, his eyes daring. "Or, what if you're a weakling?"

"I think we both know that's not true." You smirked at him confidently, inching your face closer to his, not backing down. He smiled in response.

Just then, the elevator chimed, making you realize you had reached your final floor. Once again, you were reminded of where you were and what you were doing, your anxiety setting in yet again.

The two of you moved away from each other, despite that practically magnetic feeling of wanting to stay together. You didn't want to go to this stupid meeting, you wanted to go on patrol and hang out with Bakugou.

"So, I guess I'll see you when I get back." You told him. He nodded, turning and leaving for patrol, waving a gauntlet clad hand.

You turned and walked in the opposite direction, and just like that, you were on your way.

--

"_______, it's good to see you again. Please, take a seat." You greeted them back, shaking their hands and sitting down. Two of the higher ups are here...whatever it is, it must be serious.

You bounced your knee slightly, trying to remain calm and keep your body from shaking. 

"Now, there's nothing to worry about, but Tai Tsukumo escaped. We have the agency tracking him down, and any heroes necessary. But if we need you, we'll let you know. We know the two of you had a past, so we will do what we can to keep you from getting involved. Just err on the side of caution and make good decisions, and if you see anything, call the agency right away."

It felt like the whole world had stopped moving. You couldn't think, couldn't speak, couldn't breathe. He got out? How in the world could he have gotten out?

This was even worse than you expected. In fact, this is the worst thing that could've happened. You're not safe anymore. He's going to find you, he's going to hurt you, and he's going to kill you.

The next thing you know, you're walking down the road, dialing Sakura's number for the tenth time. You're biting your lip, holding back tears.

"C'mon, pick up. Pick up, pick up, pick up, please pick up." Once again, you got voicemail. You swore under your breath, frustrated and upset.

You're hyperventilating now, on the verge of a panic attack, while people pushed past you, walking down the busy street.

Calm down. You need to calm down. Breathe. Just breathe.

You took some deep shaky breaths, focusing yourself. Then, you found somewhere nice and quiet, an alleyway, where you can calm down and concentrate.

You lit a cigarette, taking a deep inhale. You hated smoking, but sometimes, it was the only thing that could calm you down.

There's no way you'll be able to go back to work, not like this. But Bakugou just saw you and he'll probably think you're playing hooky or something...shit.

After some more debating with yourself, you decided to call Hanako. "GEMG Dynamight's Agency, how can I help you?"

"Hey, it's ______. I know it's late and short notice, but I think I'm going to be stuck at the Hero Commission for the rest of the day. Can you do me a favor and let Bakugou know?"

"Sure, whatever." Her chipper voice changed to that same old apathetic one, once she knew she was talking to you.

"Thanks. I owe you one." With that, you hung up on her, shoving your phone in your purse.

You took another long drag from your cigarette. You'll be fine. Sure, one of the most dangerous men in the world might be doing whatever he can to chase you down and kill you or do worse, but you'll be fine.

You're strong, stronger than you were before, and you have Dynamight, and Hawks. If anything happens, they can help you. Plus, he's on the other side of the world, it'll take him quite a while to reach you.

Still, you're fucking terrified. You did what you could to forget about him, and everything he did to you, but the scars he left on your body were a healthy reminder.

You felt sick. What are you going to do?

---

A/N: Poor Reader :(((

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote 😨😨😨