Chapter 4: Karaoke

Start from the beginning

"Kurose-kun, Minami-kun" Satonaka opened the conversation. "You guys have any plans after this?"

Minami and I exchanged glances. "Not really."

"We're planning on going karaoke, if you don't mind, how about you come with us?"

Karaoke with the girls? What a tempting offer, unfortunately I already have plans with the game Red Redemption 2 that I just bought...Wait, when I think about it this might be a good opportunity to give a little suggestion to my classmates.

I'm 90% sure that our point count reflects our evaluation results. What is clear, however, is whether the evaluation is for individuals or for the whole class collectively. If it's an individual then I won't bother with these people, but if it turns out that we're being evaluated as a class, then I'll have to persuade them to improve behavior a little bit. Indeed, I could have come to the front of the class and explain my theory to all students but if it turns out I was wrong after doing all that, the embarrassment would be immeasurable. So I decided to go down a more subtle path.

"Okay, I don't mind." Their faces brightened when they heard my answer. I also turned to Minami. "How about you?"

Minami seemed to think for a moment. He doesn't seem like the type to hang out at karaoke. He might prefer spending time at the gym and drinking protein drinks rather than singing.

"Okay, once in a while I also want to try to unwind." That was unexpected.

"Great," Satonaka exclaimed. "Himiko-chan, want to come with us?"

"Of course." Kasai answered without looking away. Her eyes were glued to her cellphone screen.

"How about you two?" Satonaka looked at the two girls sitting in the backseat. Nanahara and the shy Komugi.

"Sorry im not interested." Nanahara answered flatly. I could see a bit of annoyance in Satonaka's two friends' eyes when they heard Nanahara's words. Meanwhile Komugi also politely refused with the excuse that she was busy.

"Oh, I see. Well, your loss. Come on, let's go there together."

***

I thought Minami and I were the only guys that were invited, apparently not. A few minutes after we arrived, Arai followed with several other boys. Miwa and the gang also come. Nearly half of our class class is gathered here. Luckily the karaoke room that we rent is quite luxurious and spacious. Not only karaoke machines, but there are musical instruments such as electric guitars, acoustics and keyboards.

"Arai-kun, welcome." Kashiwagi greeted him.

"Hey, everyone." Arai replied with a gentle smile. Meanwhile Satonaka was ordering food and drinks over the phone.

"You guys, what do you want to drink?" asked Satonaka.

"Whatever you give me." replied Arai.

Satonaka chuckled. "Seriously what do you want?"

"Same with the others."

"Just order some juice or soft drink." Satonaka nod at her friend suggestion then finished her order. Then, she immediately took seat on an empty place beside me.

"Who wants to sing first?" Satonaka looked around the room before her gaze stopped on Arai. "Ah, Arai-kun, you said you could play the guitar, right?"

"That's right."

"Then why don't you grab that guitar and play for us?"

"Good idea Aya-chan." Tsukimi agrees. "Come on Arai, show me your talent."