Chapter 205

Lost

"What're you two doin' out so late huh? Lost?"

We jumped. I knew we had been too loud. Someone saw us.

My blood pounded at my ribcage. It wasn't a good idea to be here.

Airu clung to my side. But that was no use, because I was shaking in my shoes too.

There were three guys around twenty feet away from us. The one who spoke was tall and lanky boasting a skinhead cut. Tattoos were along the base of his skull, and a metal chain around his neck. He wore an arrogant smirk as he looked us over. His eyes slowed as he focused on Airu. I watched as he glanced her over, from head to toe, licking his lips.

I remember the same look, a year ago. Merciless, perverted eyes that had violated my Aoi with just its gaze. Luckily, I held them off long enough for her to run. But after, it wasn't a pretty sight at the hospital. Thinking about it, I was the one on the bed and she was the one looking at me with pained and worried eyes. But it was worth it.

I felt Airu shiver next to me and I shifted over in front of her. What do they want this time?

Chapter 206

Lost

I reckon we had around a four second timeframe to escape down the sidestreet. It wasn't enough.

When was my mother coming? Could she even find us? Would she find dead bodies instead?

Skinhead stepped closer. We stepped back.

"Where are you going? Why don't you join us for a drink?" He sneered.

"I think we'll be fine." I held my voice steady. My heart was racing.

We backed away.

"I'm sure the chick won't mind." His companion piped up, grinning widely.

"When I say run, run. Down that sidestreet." I whispered to Airu. "Don't forget to call the cops." She looked at me with frightened eyes.

I knew it was coming.

Chapter 207

Lost

I had my days when I got involved in things
that left me with more than a bruise.
It was probably for one year
where one of my friends got me mixed up into the mess.
It wasn't fun being chased down by people you didn't know.

But I toughened up.

I saw their leg muscles tense up before I saw them move.

"Run!"

I shoved her and she got the idea.

Skinhead took off after her, leaving his two companions to finish me off I assumed.

But it was a narrow street and I threw myself full force into him.

The rest was chaos.

Chapter 208

Lost

There was a force of a sledgehammer as a fist hit me.

The world exploded hot around me.

In retaliation I launched my foot sporadically which connected with somebody hard.

I was on the ground the next instant.

I only prayed I gave her enough time. Run! Aoi... run!

Chapter 209

Lost

It didn't take me out. I scrambled back on my feet and ducked the next fist.

Was I really taking on three people? I couldn't believe it.

I saw Skinhead start down the sidestreet. Damn!

His two companions were on me the next moment.

I didn't have time to waste.

"Police!" I pointed.

The trick works every time. They always come handy with a sense of guilt at the back of their heads.

I didn't skip a beat. It was time to take off.

"You fucking punk!"

With them hot on my heels I chased Skinhead down the sidestreet.