🖤💔 - Appetite - 💔🖤

YAY! Actually excited to write this one lol First, Thank you Muchiro0san for this lovely request. Please do go read their stories, I really enjoyed all of them and I think you would too. Time Era: Taisho (Sometime after Swordsmith Village Arc, but like. . . I changed it a bit but I'm like also too lazy to give you details and such sooo. . .)

Warning: Eating Disorder ; Mental Health Issues ; Physical Health Issues ; Hiding Health Issues ; Vomiting

Anywho, Enjoy Darlings! 🤗

--(GENYA POV)-- 

      I had just finished my mission and was heading back to the Butterfly Mansion, because Tanjiro wanted me for something. I don't really know, nor do I care that much. I found myself walking the other way. A small path through the lovely bamboo forest, it was a small little path a hidden one. No one really went this way, I could tell because bamboo grew on the path and wasn't as neatly trimmed.
     Though, I knew what this path was leading too of course. Ah there it is, I emerged from the bamboo cluster to a little open space. It was a little pond, it was like hip height for me but it was only around one's average arm span. It was a perfect clear blue, and in the middle a little Sakura tree grew. It was about half my size. . .

- - - Flashback - - -

   "Genya! Look Look!" Muichiro said, running up behind me. He held out his palms and their was a little seed packet that had a Sakura Symbol on it.
    "Ooo A seed packet." I said looking at his hands. He was smiling, a pure happy smile too.
     "Uh huh! Ginko found it for me a just now! She said to plant it but I don't know how." He frowned and lowered his hands. He frowned making a face, it was always so cute when his normally blank face is filled with such cheery emotions.
    "You remembered Ginko good job! How about this. . ." I say congratulating him. I took the packet from his hands and took the the seed, slowly walking to the middle of a little pond. We were in a bamboo clearing we always met up at.
       "Well yeah, sorta hard to ignore and forget a crow who follows you twenty-four-seven screeching in your ear." He said sarcastically. It had a little patch of land where I dug a small whole for the seed and planted it. Slowly burying it with the rich soil.
   I look behind me to see Muichiro watching me with big puppy dog eyes. He was really focused on the seed now.
      "There! It should have plenty of water and sunlight and should row to be a nice big Sakura tree. I said patting Muichiro's head. He crouched and just intensely stared at it.

- - -  End of Flashback - - -

    Say, I haven't seen Muichiro since our battle in the Village. I know he defeated Upper moon 5 and unlocked his mark. . .  I would have thought I'd run into him by now. It's been a week. I heard a rustle behind me and spun my head around. Muichiro!
   "Muichiro! How are you it's been forever I didn't know you came here on your own time." I said I stood up leaving the side of the Sakura Tree to great him. He frowned and tried to turn away, he looked tired. . . Has he been crying?
   "Muichiro?" I asked, but he darted through the trees ahead of me.
   "Muichiro!" I darted after him, he seemed slowly than before, he often out ran me in games of tag. He also seemed a lot more clumsy occasionally bumping into bamboo or tipping on stocks laying on the ground. I caught up to him in a matter of seconds, I grabbed his hand and he actually looked at me scared. It's the first time Ive seen him act so scared.
    "Muichiro! Are- Are you ok? Why'd you run?" I ask. He tugged his hand away from me and I let go.

"I'm. . . Fine-" He said. He sounded so weak, and quiet. It hurt me to hear him like this. Something wasn't right. I knew that much.
    "No, your not. I can hear it your voice. This is also the first time you have run away from me." I left out the fact he looked like shit, he looked tired and even his hair  wasn't and smooth and silky as before. Normally when ever he got tangles in his hair, he came to me to brush them out. Not to mention he looked like he had been crying.
    "Yes. . . . I am- I'm fine, let me go already. ." He said he blinked and looked at the ground. Oh it hurt me to see him like this. He looked so worn out and defeated.

  ". . . How about I come over tonight and talk to you. Ok?" I finally say, we just stare each other silently. He slowly starts shaking his head, but I quickly nodded my head. He was not getting out of this. I would break in if I had to. He frowned then turn around and started to run again. I stood there. I sighed, he hasn't ever been good with emotions I know that, but he's been damn good about hiding them so whatever got him so upset must be serious.
      I slowly walked out of the Bamboo Forest toward The Butterfly Mansion. I couldn't get my mind to focus on anything else. I wonder what's got him so upset. . . It couldn't be me, right?
     "AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHEHEHEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" A screech echoed through the air, I took one step into the Mansions Main Hallway and Zenitsu jumped at me. He hid behind me and started sobbing into my clothing getting them all snotty.
    "EW HEY! CUT IT OUT!" I said grabbing his head trying to pry him off.
    "FIGHT MEEEE!" Inosuke says falling from the ceiling, he tackled us to the ground.
    "OH MY GOSH! INOSUKE STOP!" Tanjiro says followed by Aoi running into the hallway. Aoi had Inosuke  in another room, probably giving him food to distract him. Tanjiro was now lecturing Zenitsu.
      "Sorry Genya. . . Jeez you really need to stop doing that Zenitsu." He said smacking Zenitsu on the back of the head, not hard of course. Zenitsu just started sobbing on the ground.
       "Ah Genya right, I was just wondering if you'd like to come to a picnic Mitsuri is hosting in a coupe of days." He said.

      "Uh sure, I'll be able to make it. Maybe." I said, sometimes I get missions right before big events and I end up missing it.
        "Maybe pass the news to Muichiro as well, I haven't seen him this week so. . ." He said dragging Zenitsu away, waving goodbye to me. Ah Muichiro right! I looked outside to see the sun setting, it was time to go over to his place. I instantly change my direction heading threw all the shortcuts in the bamboo forest I know.
        I finally saw his Estate and went up threw the gate and instantly through the front door, didn't even bother to knock. I walked in and looked around for him. I didn't find him anywhere so decided to check his room, I went up to the door and opened it slightly.
       My jaw dropped, I saw Muichiro, he was changing. I didn't even care if he was half naked, he was so skinny. I could see all of his ribs, and collarbones, he was just skin and bones. It hurt me seeing him like that. I didn't even notice him get dressed and then begin to walk to the door.
      He opened the door and looked up at me. His eyes filled with horror as he looked at me. He tried to turn around and close his door, but I caught him and held him. I lifted him gently off the ground making sure he was comfortable.
      He was not very happy because I was taking him away from his room. He kicked a little, but stopped as he realized I wasn't going to do anything for him. He went limp and just sorta held onto me.
      It broke my heart, he seemed so fragile, if I just moved slightly he would shatter. I walked into his kitchen we're I sat him down on a chair at a table and watched him as I started getting some dishes out.I got out a bowel and started to make some ramen. I brought it over as I waited for it to cook. I sat down with him and just looked at him.
      He looked at me with nothing, his eyes looked dead and he just stared at me. It broke me. I hugged him. It took a minute before he accepted the hug and we sat their for a minute. He looked back at the food in disgust, he tried to stand to get away but I made him sit back down.
     "Please. Just three bites. You need food." I say patting his head and running my fingers through his hair. He shook his eyes and looked at me, his eyes were pleading 'don't make me eat this please'. I sighed, I picked up the chopsticks, and picked up a little bit of ramen. I put it up to my mouth and blew on it. Then I ate, it was the perfect temperature, I didn't want him burning his tongue.

    I did the same, but instead I held it up to his mouth. He hesitated, but then weakly took a bite. He regretted it so fast. His whole face cringed and he struggled to swallow it. Eventually he swallowed, but gagged almost immediately. Oh gosh, he's starved himself and given himself an eating disorder. . .  I could feel myself tearing up. He turned away from the food and nuzzled into me instead. I sighed. I picked him via piggyback and put the ramen on the counter.
     I head upstairs to his bedroom. I set him down on his bed and tucked him in. It was late enough anyway. I sat on a nearby stool and watched. If he couldn't eat, he could at least rest. I watched him for a little while but, I must have drifted off to sleep at one point. I woke up to him siting up though, he was crying- wait what? I was gonna say something before he ran out of bed and through his door. It took me a minute to process but I followed him shortly after.
      His bathroom. . . No I walked into the bath room and I saw him leaned over the toilet, he was laying on the ground in front of it. He was weakly holding himself up over it. I rushed in and held him, I sat him in my lap but still kept him close proximity to the toilet. I started playing with his hair getting it out of his face. He gagged and then leaned back over the toilet. I held him a little above it and pulled back his hair. I watched him puke into the toilet. Most of it was just stomach acid and spit because he hasn't ate much to anything.

He stopped for a moment and signaled that he was done. He leaned back onto me and just began to cry. He sobbed silently and just looked down at the ground. If my heart could shatter anymore it would. I turned him around and let him snuggle into me, I started rubbing his back and stroking his hair.
     "Shhh. . . It's ok to cry. Just breathe and let it all out." I said, still rubbing his back. He sobbed louder and tightened his grip on me.
     "I'm scar-ed and and. . . tired- and-" He said in between hiccups. I started to tear up,
      "Shhh, just breathe you can tell me later alright. . . Let me go get water for you to watch out the puke." I said starting to stand up.

  "No stay- please. . ." He weakly asked. I sighed and picked him up, shifting his weight. I went downstairs and set him down while I got his drink. He swished it in his mouth and spit it out. He did that a couple of times before actually drinking it. He slouched and I rushed to support him.
      I carried him back upstairs where I set him on his bed. He began to cry again.
      "He's dead! I couldn't pro- tect him. . ." He sobbed suddenly.
      "Hey it's ok, I don't know who but I'm sure it wasn't your fault." I said patting his back. He turned and hugged me snuggling into my chest.
      "No- He died, they died. They all died. I coudn't protect them. . . I was weak- My mother died earl-ier from some sort of- of sickness. . . Father died trying to save her- and and and. . . My brother died protecting me - me from the demon. . I was in such rage I beat the demon to dea-th with rocks- sticks and axes-" He sobbed suddenly. His grip tighten and he just sobbed.
      I could feel my whole being breaking. . . Such a bad thing to happen to a child- Losing all of your family, in front of you too. Then having to train and train and train. Being forced to protect others well you couldn't protect yourself- Losing memories of everything dear to you, and then dealing with that all at once. . . I rubbed his back and slowly cradled him. I could feel his sobs slow down and eventually it was replaced with sleepy steady breathing. I sighed,

    I'm never going to let anyone or thing hurt you again.

IT DELETED MY ENDING- WHA- WHYY :,(

Anyway I had to re-write it sorry if it seemed rushed or just trying to sum it up. Also thank you again Muichiro0san for suggesting this I had so much fun writing it! My heart though-