🖤💔 - Our Problems - 💔🖤

Hi! So uh. . . Enjoy?? Still learning how to write on Wattpad ;)  Credit to the Beautiful Artist who made the art above! (I can't find them) Time Era: Shortly after Recovery from Season 2 (I made it like they had a while before going to the swordsmanship village to do what ever like smaller missions and recovery) Enjoy Darlings! 🤗

--(GENYA POV)--

      Ugh, I thought while I was walking through the Butterfly Mansion, I just wanted a break. I had to go visit my brother, but I had missions non stop today. Ever since Rengoku's death and Tengen's retirement, missions have been drowning us lower ranks. Only the dangerous missions like if an upper moon was spotted or something, is what the Hashira go on. We can't risk losing them to not even moon demons.
      I bumped into someone, I couldn't see who. I stumbled backwards, and they fell onto the ground. I really hope it wasn't Nemi-
     "Watch where you're going!" I shouted as a response to getting bumped into. Then I shut my mouth quickly, I bumped into someone quite shorter than me, he had quite long hair. The end is a beautiful teal/mint color. He got up and looked me in the eyes. His uniform was baggy, it was hard to see which way he was facing. I just noticed his eyes were a beautiful teal/mint color, it faded into a lighter shade. It reminded me of a misty ocean.
      "Don't you mean watch where you're going? I said to watch it before you bumped into me." The smaller male said to me. Uh oh, I recognized who this was. Tokito Muichiro, Mist Hashira, same rank as my brother Nemi.
      "Sorry Tokito-san! I didn't realize it was you. . ." I said.
      "It's fine I guess." He mumbled,
      "I'll forget anyway." He turned his head away from me and started to walk away. How strange I expected him to react rather sour towards me, after all I was a worthless lower rank. He's known for being rather. . . cruel in training us lower ranks. Except for Tanjiro. . . ,

-_-_- Flashback -_-_-

      "You know Genya! Once you're done with Mitsuri's training, you should go to Muichiro's next." Tanjiro said, sitting next to me. We were on the Butterfly Mansion porch eating some rice balls after training.
      "Muichiro? Tokito?" I asked, it was rare for someone to call Muichiro by his first name, since he was rather mean to everyone. People were too scared to ask him for his first name because of his rank. Now that I think about it, he was really young for a Hashira. Shinobu's 18, but 14 is just too young in my opinion, heck he's even younger than me. I just turned 16 a while back,
      "Yeah! Oh sorry, I guess he only gave me permission to use his first name-" Tanjiro began to rant on and apologize.
      "Nono- It's fine I promise, just was a little confused." I politely waved to him, gesturing that it was fine.
      "CAWCAWCAW HEAD NORTH-EAST, NORTH-EAST CAWCAWCAW" Tanjiro's crow came and shrieked at us. We said our goodbyes and I watched him leave.

-_-_- End Of Flashback -_-_-

       I didn't notice that I was just standing there staring in the direction Tokito was just at.
      "Ara Ara Genya-kun, is there a reason you're waiting outside my office door?" Shinobu asked, scaring me. She came out of nowhere I swear.
      "Ah Pardon me Shinobu, I was just lost in thought after running into Tokito that's all." I blankly told her.
      "I see, speaking of Tokito, I forgot to give him his meds to take back to his Estate. Do you mind giving these to him?" She asked, she gently placed her palm on her forehead, and held her other hand up with a small container full of what I assume were pills.
      "Oh I don't mind, I was going that way anyway to visit Nemi." I say calmly, taking the bottle of pills from her.
      "Oh thank you, that's one thing off my list." She sighed and turned back to her office. I assume she has been really busy lately with patients and potions. She gently shut the door, and I began to walk out of the Butterfly Mansion and out into the bamboo forest.
       It had great scenery, I often got lost in it while clearing my head. I slowly maneuvered my way through the dense forward, and I spotted his Estate. His Estate was quiet, coated in mist, it looked magical. I arrived at his gate and knocked.
     "CAWCAW! WHO ARE YOU?" A female crow shrieked at me and jumped out of a bush.
     "Uh. . . Genya Shinazugawa. I'm here to drop off pills he forgot." I said, trying to calm myself because why was a crow waiting for me in some bush.
     "CAW! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF HIS AMNESIA??" She shrieked and flew up to me and started pecking at my head. I tried shooing her away, but surprisingly she stopped pecking. I looked over and she had perched herself on Tokito's shoulder, they were both staring at me now.
     "Who are you?" He asked.
     "Genya Shinazugawa. . . Shinobu forgot to talk about your pills and forgot to give them to you, so I brought them." I stood straight up and looked forward. It was funny because he was a good couple inches smaller than me. Probably around 5'3. I'm around 5'11 by the way.
     "Oh." He said. Then lowered his head just staring at my chest. I think he must have zoned out or something. Ginkgo flew off towards the forest and I couldn't see her anymore. He just continued staring at me, I couldn't help but step forward. I waved my hand in front of his face and then snapped my fingers. I felt a wet drop on my head, great it was beginning to storm. I can't just stay out here, nor leave him out here, hopefully he doesn't mind a guest for the night.
       I gently grabbed his shoulder and led him inside his own Estate. It was wonderful here, very tidy and bland but it was welcoming. I took my hand off his shoulder and took a step forward just sorta looking around. I turned around just to meet his eyes, he was watching me. It was actually sorta funny, I paced back and forth watching his eyes follow me.
      "Are you just taunting me?" He asked after a couple minutes of pacing.
      "Uh, no of course not." I tried to straighten myself.
      "Oh." He said.
      "Is it ok if I stay the night?" It was storming heavily, rain slid against the roof.
      "Oh. I don't care. I'll forget you anyway." He said. I frowned, it must be annoying not being able to remember anything. He stared at me for a moment.
     "Who are you?" He asked again. I sighed, I explained to him my name, my rank, and my friends.

-_-_- Through the night we actually talked to each other. It felt comforting to talk with him, we actually opened up with each other, well as much as he could. We could relate to each other a lot and. . . I must say it was nice having one on one time with him. -_-_-

--(Muichiro POV)--

      "It's actually sorta scary. . . ." I said, looking at his hands. We were both in my living room, sitting on our knees and talking to each other. We were about to go get some food out of the kitchen. For some reason, I felt safe with Genya. I even remembered his name. I hadn't felt safe and warm in a long while.
      "Hmm?" He asked, staring at me, focusing all of his attention on me.
      "Waking up and not knowing who you were, or anything that happened yesterday." I mumbled, I never thought that one night, I'd be talking to someone about my problems. Yeah I mean, I may be a Hashira but, we have problems too. Arguably more. . . and even more at my age.
       Genya sighed, I looked up at him. Maybe I shouldn't have told him, he had too many problems as well. I felt bad for him, such a shaky childhood, and mean brother. If I remember too, I'll go smack Sanemi. Maybe I shouldn't have vented my problems onto him. What if he judges me? He's the only person who hasn't judged me for being a young Hashira and just generally started treating me like a human. Then what he said surprised me,
      "I could feel that. What's worse is not being able to help yourself. Then you have to help others, and be strong and not show weakness. You'd have no time to work out your own issues."
      I must admit, those words hit very hard. I felt like that all the time or in what I could remember, no one could help me because of my Hashira status and I'd seem weak for needing help. Yet. . . I'm always protecting others.
      I couldn't stop myself, I felt cold tears stream down my face. Genya sat up in front of me and wiped my tears and offered me a hug. I wasn't even thinking and hugged him back. It lasted a long time, it was a warm embrace and honestly I felt a lot better. He was so understanding and kind. He started patting my back, slowly running one of his hands through my hair. He never even judged me for being weak. He was too caring. I don't even know if we met before. We just talked for one night! He's willing to help me with so much. . . .
      I started to tear up again, I was so lost in thought, I didn't even notice my breath became shaky and uneven. He rubbed circles into my back, massaging my shoulder blades. I buried my face into his chest. It was so warm and comforting, I didn't want to leave.

--(GENYA POV)--

       I felt so bad. He was shivering, leaning onto me. His breaths were so uneven. I didn't really know how to comfort people, especially when I don't really understand what's got them so upset. I know he was upset about his memory issues. I thought he had calmed down from that.
       Nonetheless, I picked up the small boy, and headed to his bedroom. I thought maybe he would want to lay down. We reached his bedroom, bland and tidy, I was more focused on Muichiro though. I hope he's ok with me calling him that. . .
      I laid him on his bed and simply just watched him. He has definitely calmed down, I'm amazed he's opened himself up so much, enough that he feels safe to cry in front of me. I sat next to him eventually. Stroking his back, I never knew one small boy could carry such heavy feelings.
       I promised I would try to help him get through this. I can maybe even help with his memory! Tonight was a lot, it was like a two sided therapy lesson. He's a good listener though. I sighed. Maybe tomorrow we can actually do something, and not just relate to current problems and sad childhood stories.
     I chuckled at that thought, but slowly I let sleep overcome me as well.

     As my mind drifted off, I wondered what tomorrow had in store for the pair of us.

      YAY ME!  Was this good enough for Angst?
      Also Genya you can be so blind sometimes, but your such Husband material-

*Happy Dance*