Chapter 42 { Danger Ahead }

Release: Jan 23, 2023

"Ojou-sama, There!" Thoma pointed at the broken building. "Are you sure it's there?" She asked.

"The map says this is the location, but let's take a look to make sure," He said as Ayaka followed him. The two get down and examine the building. "A chest?"

"Hmm...there is no entrance,"

"I guess this is some kind of Puzzle that Enjou told us," He said as he notice a glowing stone Triangle. Thoma being curious hit it then one of the walls moved. "I guess that mechanism can move a whole wall to open a pathway," Ayaka said as she get inside and hit the other one then the door opened.

Ayaka opened the chest. After getting the Golden Bridle, The two decided to get back to Enjou to ask what to do next.

With Enjou

'Wow, that was fast, isn't this a coincidence?" Enjou asked in surprise as Thoma handed the Golden Bridle to him. "The book says that the craftsman Abaraku Mikoto was ordered to create the chariot of the sun to finally bring light to the ever-lasting night. Before this, the people live in fear because of the Bathysmal Vishaps who was the original ruler of the land," He said in a scholarly way.

"The Bathysmal Vishaps?"

"It is a Pure, Primordial Elemental Creature who never bent their knees to any Gods or worldly powers. I believe that the book known as The Clash of the Drakes and Serpent refers to a Bathysmal Vishaps as a Dragon Heir of the Depth. At first, people will light lamps to chase the dark away but ever since the creation of the Dainichi Mikoshi, the darkness can be chased away. This can also be used for protection, a barrier," He explained as he handed them the list of things they needed to do to remove the barrier as well as how to activate mechanisms and such.

"The Golden Bridle is ready. Commanding the Dainichi Mikoshi to drop the barrier should be a peanut now, but we should probably perform such portentous deeds at the outermost gates of the Dainichi Mikoshi, wouldn't you say?"

Afterward, Ayaka and Thoma left after seeing the man run off. "Should we continue, this place must be emptied but it is still dangerous and he just run off like that! He kind of fish?"

"My goal is to meet the person in a Dainichi Mikoshi. We also have the Golden Bridle so we can easily remove the barrier. We don't need to do the other things," She said.

Note: I won't be adding the other things that happen like world quests or puzzles. Genshin Impact player will understand this even if I don't add the other Enkanomiya info.

They have been exploring the whole place the whole time. Shutting barriers down, Gathering Items needed to open a seal or something, and suspiciously asking themselves why Enjou was appearing and disappearing out of nowhere and why the hell can they talk to a ghost.

Thoma and Ayaka finally arrived at the Center of the Enkanomiya, after clearing several puzzles and fighting countless Lizard Enemies and more. "We are here, I wonder what's inside?" She asked herself.

"Let's just hope that what we can find there is worth the risk of our lives," Thoma sighs experiencing a real nightmare. If not For Ayaka, he was long been dead.

"Knowing the story about this place is worth of our lives though," Ayaka said. "Clarification...Your life," Thoma muttered.

She chuckled then she switch to Evernight once again to open the Barrier. The ground suddenly quaked surprising them as if like the ground was moving. That's where they notice that the Triangle stone below their feet is moving down.

"I guess we need to go down," She said, but before they get down. A voice can be heard behind them. The Two turned around and notice the Ghost they talk to earlier.

"Aru?"

"It seems you have all the fragments. I'm not sure if you've realized it in the course of your adventure. Now please don't be startled by what am I about to tell you, The Blood branch coral can be retrieved from the body of a special Bathysmal Vishop. Just under the Daiichi Mikoshi, "

"You mean down there?" Thoma asked pointing at the deep hole.

"This thing is more like a commission and not searching for a blonde hair man," Ayaka said.

"I'm glad you finally notice," He muttered.

"I have one last thing to have asked of you before you left the trail, please don't tell anyone about this Trial," The ghost said before disappearing.

"Guess that's that, let's go," Thoma said stepping on the Triuanguklar stone brick. "I wonder if this is all just a scammed or not," Ayaka muttered following Thoma as the Elevator got down to the deepest hole.

"I also doubt it but the Priestess of Watatsumi won't lie right?"

"An Arena?" They thought noticing the Number of Bathysmal Lizards appearing from the water and just staring at them. They didn't even step on land but rather stay on watch under the water with their eyes glowing.

"Why are they not attacking?" Thoma asked preparing his weapon just in case something happen. He even put a Pyro shield on Ayaka. It was his job to protect her.

"I guess it's because of him," She said with her eyes locked on the unknown figure with a hood covering his own body.

"Are you and Aether related?" Ayaka asked surprising Thoma. "Wait don't tell me...a girl is in the side that hood then that means that he is Traveler's sister!" He exclaimed.

The unknown Figure just smiled still his or her face hidden from them. Before the Two could speak. The Unknown Figure then extend his arm and quietly ordered

"Kill Them"

Countless Bathysmal Lizards with different sizes fused with Abyssal energy make it harder for the Two to even fight them off. Ayaka starts her usual routine by cutting them down even though she is not sure about their number as they are just pouring from the water to the Aren, but something caught her off guard.

"How are they still alive...

To be Continue