Forty-Four

MILA||

MILA||

For the last month the Greyson's have been trying to find Athena. She's gone completely off the grid. I've been keeping River busy, showing up once in a while to do jobs, answering when he calls me to update him on my progress on "killing Vincent."

Which is never going to happen....

I told Theo and Marcel about everything that happened. They both agreed to help me keep River busy in their own little ways. Imani told me that she is flying to New York. What happened last month was her final straw.

Envy and I have been keeping our distance from each other, it's better this way for the both of us. Vincent has been using every chance he gets to spend time with me. Whether it's informing me on what's going on with the search or checking up on me.

He's apologized to me more than once and so have I. It wasn't our intention to hurt each other but it doesn't change the fact that we lied to each other. It doesn't matter now all I care about is taking out River before he realizes that I have no intention of killing Vincent.

*****

The day went by quickly, I haven't seen Vincent or anyone for that matter today. Mrs. Greyson gave me the key to one of her studies. I've been spending most of my time there. I heard a knock at the door, as it opened Vincent walked in with some tea.

"I'm sorry I've been gone all day," he placed the tea on the desk. "It's ok, I know you have business to attend to," I smiled up at him. "Any luck with Athena?" As soon as I said that, the doorbell rang. "I'll catch you up in a minute, let me go get that." "I'll come with you, I've been in here all day."

I walked with him, the constant knocking and ringing of the doorbell was starting to annoy me. When he opened the door he completely stopped. "Son move from the door, let me and your wife in," his father spoke. Those words almost made me sick to my stomach. "Father?" Vincent said as he moved. In doing so he moved me behind him.

"Come now we have a lot to talk about," his father's voice was filled with happiness. Vincent turned to me. "I need you to go find Envy, stay with her," he whispered and walked off. As soon as they were far enough, I quietly walked upstairs.

I walked down the hallway and knocked on Envy's door, it opened slightly, and I walked in. "Envy we have a-" I stopped speaking. Envy walked out of her bathroom with her towel loosely wrapped around her body, with her hair dripping wet.

We've done a good job at keeping our distance and of course something like this would happen. "Mila, my eyes are up here." I snapped my eyes towards hers. I didn't realize what I was doing. "I'm sorry, your father and Athena are downstairs." Envy's face was filled with disgust, it took me a minute to let the words that just left my mouth sink in.