Nineteen

MILA||

MILA||

"What the hell happened to him?" "Goddamnit Ace! Stop asking me questions and help me!" I yelled as I helped Vincent out of the car. He looked at Vincent, "Cazzo! Ugh! Give him to me, I got it from here," Ace took him. I walked with them into the house.

"Envy wants to speak to you, she's in the kitchen," Ace took Vincent upstairs. I walked in the kitchen. "Why are you so calm?" Envy was sitting on the barstool drinking wine. "This isn't anything new to me, and Ace knows what he's doing," she said bluntly. "Come here," she tapped the barstool that was next to her. I walked over to her and took a seat.

"Now, tell me what happened to my brother-"

*Earlier*

I got in my car and started driving, once I was far enough River called me. "Such a good listener," he chuckled. "Make a left," he said. "Where am I going?" I made a left turn. "To Vincent little one, keep driving."

I continued to drive as River continued with his little taunts. "Do you remember our first date? It was beautiful, wasn't it? Make a right or was it left?" "I already made the right turn!" "Oh oops," he chuckled. "River I'm going to-" "I wouldn't threaten me right now," he sighed.

I took a deep breath. "Are you losing your temper, little one?" "Stop calling me that," I scoffed. "Hm? No," he laughed. "Make a left turn, then keep on going straight until you see him. If he's still alive of course," he yawned. "River!" "Bye Bye," he chuckled as he ended the call.

I kept on driving 20 minutes had already passed, then 30, 40, fuck! I parked the car as soon as I did, I got a call. "Riv-" "No, no not River." It was the woman that walked me to his office. "What do you want?" "I'm just trying to help ok, get out of the car." The call ended.

A car pulled up shortly after, I got out of the car. She pulled over and got out. "Here," she tossed me the keys. "Vincent's in the car, he's knocked out but he'll live." "Thank you," I walked over to the car. "Hey," she gave me a burner. "He's tracking you," I gave her my other phone. "Until next time," she got in my car and drove off.

*****

I was driving for about an hour. "Ugh..." Vincent groaned. I felt him looking at me, "Hey," I said lowly. "Hey," he replied shortly after while trying to keep his voice stable. "Ace," he murmured. "Huh?" "Can you c-call him?" I got my phone and Vincent gave me his number.

I called him and put the phone on speaker. "Hello?" Ace spoke. "Ace I need h-help," Vincent coughed. "What the hell happened?" I heard Ace grabbing his keys. "Just meet me at the house please." "I'll be there soon. Do you want me to tell Envy?" "Y-Yes," Vincent passed out. "Vincent! Vincent!"

I took the phone off of speaker, "He's fine." "Mila? What the hell is going on?" "Just give me the address please." "Not until you tell me!" "Your brother is not in a good state right now! Please give me the address." He sighed, "I'll send it, bring him here safely." "I will." I hung up.

As soon as I was half way to the house I had to switch cars. Luckily Vincent woke up for a little bit so it was easy to move him, he's been in and out of it. "Vince," I took his hand. "Hm?" He held on to my hand. "We're almost there."

I parked the car in front of the house, this place is in the middle of nowhere. Ace ran outside, I got out of the car. "What the hell happened to him?" "Goddamnit Ace! Stop asking me questions and help me!" I yelled as I helped Vincent out of the car. He looked at Vincent, "Cazzo! Ugh! Give him to me, I got it from here," Ace took him. I walked with them into the house.

"Envy wants to speak to you, she's in the kitchen," Ace took Vincent upstairs. I walked in the kitchen. "Why are you so calm?" Envy was sitting on a barstool drinking wine. "This isn't anything new to me, and Ace knows what he's doing," she said bluntly. "Come here," she tapped the barstool that was next to her. I walked over to her and took a seat.

"Now, tell me what happened to my brother," she said coldly. "You're going to have to ask Vincent, when he's better." She grinned, "But I'm asking you right now. Tell me." "I don't know what happened to him." "I don't believe you Mila." "Why would I lie?" "Because you don't know me, you don't know us. You have every reason to lie."

I don't have a choice-

"But lying will get you nowhere with me," she took a file out of her bag." "Here," she gave it to me. Mila Florence- "You might have my brother whipped, but I know there's more to you then this damn file." "Even if there was, why would I tell you?" "You can tell me or you can make things difficult."

"I don't want to hurt you but I will, you're messing with my family. My brother got a note to stay away from you, why?" "What note?" "Hm, looks like you both are keeping things," she sighed. "I don't know who you are but if I find out, things won't look too good for you, I'm giving you a chance. It's getting late go upstairs there's a room to your left," she got up.

"Envy." "Hm?" "I'm sorry about your brother." "I know you are, that's why you're not dead yet. Have a nice night Mila," she walked upstairs. I took a deep breath, and walked upstairs.

This is far from over-

***********

Hey my lil tea slxts ;)

I rewrote this so many times😭 #riversabitch

Chapter thoughts?

Sooo I published a new book "Cross My Heart" You guys should go read it😏

Thank you all so much for 52k 🫠🥹

Kisses~ Muah~