Forty-Three

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

Ace and I have been waiting for our mother and Envy to tell us what's going on. They walked in the living room a few hours ago and they haven't said anything since, just a few words in another language.

They both looked hurt, Envy more than my mother. My mother was upset. "Can one of you tell us what's happening?" I asked. Envy's eyes snapped towards me. She got up and handed me the file. "Here."

I opened it and looked through it with Ace. It was Mila yet again. Ace figured it out before I did, he had the same look our mother has on his face. "Maybe if you stayed with us you would know. Your precious Mila, killed our associates," Envy said harshly.

I didn't say anything, what do I say? "That's why Mila came to Italy, probably to gain information on us," Ace scoffed. "Did anyone even ask her what happened? Why would she let this information fall into our hands? Knowing who we are and what we do?" They all fell silent. "Because she doesn't care, Vincent," Envy spoke.

"Let me speak to her," I looked at all of them. "Why? So she can sit there and tell you pretty lies? She's been lying to you this entire time, why would she finally tell the truth?" Envy chuckled lightly. "Because I'm the only one that's willing to listen to her, she saved me once. I'm pretty sure you two had your moments," I looked at Envy, she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Go, before I change my mind," my mother looked at me. I nodded my head.

*****

MILA||

It's been a few hours since they left me in the study. I was going to die sooner or later but I didn't think it would be by them. They won't listen to me, I've been lying this whole time to protect myself. I wouldn't have it any other way.

They took my phone, I won't get to say goodbye to my mother, Imani, Theo, or Marcel. I didn't want this to happen, I wouldn't have killed those people if I knew that they were innocent. If I knew that they were their people. I felt a tear run down my face.

When the door opened, I wiped it away. I was surprised that Vincent was the one to walk in. He sat down and tapped the spot next to him. I went over to him, and I sat down. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me. He wiped away another tear from my face.

"Tell me everything," he said lowly. "I'll listen." He reassured me. I nodded my head. "I was in Russia at the time, my mother was out, my friend was on another mission. I got a mission sent to me earlier that morning, a list of people that were deemed to be traitors." I took a deep breath.

"I left that evening to go to Venice. Everything was fine, I got in and I got out. My mother called and asked me where I was, I told her. She sounded distraught, she told me to come home as quickly as possible, I did. I originally thought the mission was from my mother, but she told me that she wouldn't have sent me there for obvious reasons now."