Prologue and A/N

A/N: Heeyyyy, this is one of my first fan fics, so I'm sorry if this is trash! I wanna say a few things, first: I don't swear, so if you are a more sensitive reader, you don't have to worry, and second: some things to know about your character are that you have a severe dairy allergy, you are ambidextrous, and you are 27 years old. I think the only part of that that has any significance to the plot is the dairy allergy thing, so don't forget that (I won't really let you either, tbh). Also this is in first person, just FYI. Anyway that's it, happy reading I guess! :)

    "Y/N! Why are you still asleep?! Get up! Get up! Get UP!"

     And with that last "up" my eyes shot open to see a blond-haired, green-eyed, and super lovable little jerk. Vanessa, my roommate.

     I groaned. "Pleeease? Five more minutes?"

     Vanessa hit my head with one of my (many) pillows at the use of the cliche. "Y/N, I'm being serious! If you sleep this much, how do you expect to ever do late work nights?"

     "... Work?"

      "For the love of..." she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Today is your first day at the Mega Pizzaplex!"

     Mega Pizzapl- Oh! Shoot!

     The previous week Vanessa, who already worked as the night guard at the Mega Pizzaplex, had gotten me to apply for a job there. Fortunately for me, my interview went great and I got a position as the robotic technician. I had lots of basic duties, but my job also included doing repairs and taking care of all the animatronics.

      I hopped out of bed, despite my body's urging to sleep for "five more minutes." Looking down, I found that I was (you'll never guess) still in my pajamas. Letting out a shriek, I grabbed my uniform from off my dresser and ran into the bathroom, taking the quickest shower in history. After running out and shoving some raw cereal down my throat, I grabbed my car keys and cell phone.

     "Go! Go! Go!" Vanessa urged, waiting by the door.

      "Y'know, the least you could do is help me grab all my stuff!" I shouted. "Do you know where my tool belt and bag are?"

      "Got them right here!" she answered.

     "My security pass?"

     "In my back pocket!"

     "Paimon?" (your tamagotchi)

     "Around your neck."

     "Pencil?"

     "In your hand, punk," she said with a trace of a smirk on her face.

     Sure enough, I was carrying my trusty mechanical pencil in my hand. I let out a sigh of relief; my pencil was insanely important. It doubled as a multi tool and a comfort object. I drew, wrote, designed, made notes, and even picked some locks with that thing. Both my parents and Vanessa had told me multiple times that I shouldn't be so dependent on a single object. What if I lost it? What if it broke? What if it ran out of lead?

     My answer was always, "I won't let that happen."

     I knew it was kind of weird, but anyone who said so has no idea.

     "Okay... I think that's it," I said triumphantly. "See? I'm ready, and with five minutes to spare."

      Vanessa did a once-over after giving me my tool belt, and nodded in approval before saying, "Oh! You brought your allergy medicine to the Pizzaplex yesterday, right?"

     I stiffened and my eyes darted, trying to find something to look at that wasn't Vanessa.

     "Uhhh..."

     "Y/N! I swear, the last time you had an allergic reaction, you practically scared me to death!"

     "How was I supposed to know they put cheese in my burrito?! Stupid Taco Bell never gets the orders right!"

     Vanessa groaned, "That's not the point! The point is, you're going to a giant mall where 95% of all the food they provide is pizza. I doubt you'd last a week without your allergy medicine."

     "... Is that a challenge?" I replied.

     Vanessa seemed to consider it before saying, "Hmmm... yes."

     "$20 says I won't need my allergy medicine this week."

      "$20 says otherwise."

      We promptly shook on it and rushed out the door.