Fifty-Eight and last: Images of Restored Happiness

Maryanland, December 20, 2040, 8:00 AM.

For being a place that no longer exists, at least in terms of the lack of population, the Image World appeared in my dreams.

Don't they say distance makes the heart yearn or something like that?

Let's hope that doesn't apply to me because I would sleep through millions of nightmares before I do that. Heck, the reality of the Image World itself is a nightmare.

We all need time to help us settle into this new, fearless reality. No sane person will act like nothing happened just because they returned to the physical elements of their past routines. If the mental and physical bodies aren't in harmony, nothing else will be. After all, coming down from the high of positive surprises includes many negatives alongside it. Negatives are the reality we need to reach the positives. It's a mind's discipline, in a way.

I know that for my future experience, I'll need to work on not letting anxiety tear me apart. A burst of anxious energy does not need to follow any feelings of relief. I need it for my peace of mind. The fearful ocean I fell into can't drown me anymore. Not when my world has grown happier. It's now my job to do my part. I hope the acceptance stage will go with ease for everyone.

I felt the AM sunshine right through my eyes, waking me up. Its brightness prompted me to protect my eyes with my hands. This has been the best sleep I have gotten in months because of a certain someone. Subtracting the dream about a re-tour of the Image World, we can forget that.

Flynn and I stayed up to the late hours, talking about anything and everything. I had had enough of talking about him and how flustered he was making me, so we spent an extensive time talking about khalto and Malak. Oh, how much I've missed them.

Our growing delirium from the lack of sleep introduced peculiar conversation topics. It was until I yawned that he suggested we should go to sleep. I offered him my bed, but a glare told me that was an immediate no. So we settled on both of us sleeping on the couch.

It amazes me how some couples sleep holding each other all night. I cuddled Flynn for about an hour before my chest felt restricted, making me let go of him to find a side to sleep on. He complained, but I made an excuse about my asthma, which settled him. Sorry Rider, even you can't change my sleeping habits. Ask that question to my pillow that I hold to my chest for minutes before letting go.

I let my eyes stay closed to fight against the ray of sunshine, but had to open them once I heard a door opening.

Here we go.

Sapphire and I made eye contact before their eyes landed elsewhere. I gestured for them to hush, to not wake anyone up, but it was too late. I had lost the second their eyes landed on Flynn.

"What the fuck?" Sapphire whisper-shouted, eyes widening the size of the sun.

My eyes shoot to Flynn, praying he didn't wake up. I breathed a relieved sigh when I saw his eyes still closed, dark eyelashes unmoving. He told me how tired he feels because of how long it's taking them to settle back in. It turns out there is a heck of an amount of legal stuff to do before they can put their name on anything. Not to forget how long it's taking him to find a job. They're depending on the money Maryanland gives them for the time being. Which isn't enough, but they're getting by from what he told me. I offered to help, but he kindly declined. He reassured me that everything would return to normal and that it was taking a little time because of the number of people needing the same help.

I look at Sapphire, "long story, I'll let him explain." Although that left their curiosity unsatisfied, they nodded. Bless them for accepting my request.