Chapter 63

Lily

Dawson leads me down the hall past Taz's booth, and to the left side of the stage. Before we reach the stairs that lead to the bedrooms, we take another left down a hallway that I haven't been before. Halfway down the hallway, Tank and Texas are standing outside of a door, talking. As we approach them, they nod at Dawson, and he leads me through the door in front of them. Into what appears to be, Dawson's office.

It's a large room, almost the size of our bedroom upstairs. Covering the four walls are pictures, certificates, flags, and plagues containing various ribbons and medals. In the middle of the room is a large, mahogany desk with a black leather chair behind it. Several smaller black leather chairs are scattered throughout the room, where I assume the guys sit when they're in here. As I suspect, I watch as they each take a seat and I'm surprised when I see Bruce and Taz walk in, and also take seats around Dawson's desk.

I watch Dawson walk behind the desk and sit down in the chair placing his hand on his thigh signaling for me to sit with him. Fuck, he's so sexy and as much as I would love to sit with him, I want to look at what all of these things are on his walls. I want to know more about my Dawson.

I grin, shaking my head at him as I point to the walls. He grins at me and turns his attention to the men around him and begins talking strategy as I turn my attention towards the walls of Dawson's office.

I begin at the wall to my left, looking at pictures of men in military uniform and quickly realize it is Dawson, Tank, Spike and Texas. They haven't changed much from the photos except their hair is longer now than the super short buzz cuts in the photos.

There's a photo of them standing together in uniform. Another one with them shirtless, their arms around each other's shoulders smiling at the camera with their dog tags shining bright on their chests. I smile at how fucking handsome they all are. They are definitely a good-looking group of men, and hell, they still are.

I move over to several plagues of certificates and awards Dawson received while in the Marines. There's a display of all his ribbons and medals and it's fucking impressive how many there are. The certificates, ribbons and medals literally cover an entire wall. He was apparently a damn good Marine, just like dad was telling me.

Turning around, I watch Dawson as he speaks to the other men. The way he speaks, the way he carries himself. He demands respect without verbally demanding it. You can tell how fucking powerful this man is. And this man, is mine.

I slowly walk over to him, as he keeps his attention on them. Without glancing at me, or stopping what he's saying, I know he's watching me. I can sense it. He leans back in his chair and turns slightly so that I can sit on his lap. He places a hand around my waist, and he slides his other hand onto my thigh. And just like that, I am where I belong again. On Dawson's lap.

I listen as Dawson continues to speak to them, advising who is doing the drug run and how to handle that. He then moves on to the strategy here at the clubhouse.

The more I watch him as he talks to them, and the way they listen and respect him, the more in love with Dawson I become. He's respected. He's admired. And it's fucking sexy as hell to watch.

"I'm hoping you guys will be back before they get here. If not, I'll have Tank, Spike and about forty others. If you run into trouble, call and I'll send Tank and some more prospects your way. They're going to come into the front gate, it's the only way unless they're going to climb fence and they'd be cut to shreds before that happened. So, the front gate is their best entry point. I need a line of cars and trucks from the side of Gunner's shop to the clubhouse. If we can block that off, it traps them in that large circle behind the gate and between the buildings." Dawson pauses and looks at Tank, who's sitting directly in front of him on the other side of his desk.