Chapter 58

Lily

The next few minutes go by in a fog, almost as if I'm having an out of body experience. Everything is happening in slow motion as I watch Gunner open the door to the shed and one by one, Texas, Tank, Snake, Spike and Butch enter. I feel Dawson's hand on the small of my back as he guides me through the door after Butch as he follows behind me.

The lights in the shed are dim and from what I can see, it is one large open room with white walls and a concrete floor.

Glancing over my shoulder, I see Gunner close and lock the door behind us and he grins at me when he notices me watching him. I manage to grin at him before turning back to face Tank and Butch, who are walking closely in front of Dawson and me. The way they are walking so close, it's as if they're shielding me from something...from Steven.

I know Steven is close, because the smell Dawson warned me about fills the air around us. I do not know where he is, but my guess is on the other side of the two huge men that tower in front of me. At least for now, I feel protected.

Fuck, I'm really beginning to get nervous. My heart is pounding in my chest at the thought that in just seconds, I will be face to face with Steven again. The man I hoped I would never have to see again.

I turn at the sound of Dawson's voice next to me as he speaks with two young prospects. When he's finished speaking, the prospects nod they're heads and turn to leave. Glancing over my shoulder, I watch as Gunner lets them out of the shed and locks the door behind them.

Glancing back to Dawson, I see him speaking with Spike, who is currently setting up his laptop on a table next to us. At the far end of the table past Spike, Snake and Texas are seated facing the middle of the shed. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn as I watch Gunner walk up and sit in a chair near Spike.

Fuck, this is really fucking happening. Fuck, what have I done? Can I fucking do this? All of my badass vibes from earlier are completely gone and all I feel is fear.

"You ready, Little One?" I glance at Dawson who is staring down at me with so much fucking worry. Fuck, no, I'm not ready. After the last shitshow with Steven, I didn't know if I ever would be. But I can't let Dawson down. I refuse to not try.

"Yes, Dawson." I manage to whisper as he looks up from me and nods his head at Tank who's looking over his shoulder at us. Tank and Butch step out of my line of sight and my eyes instantly fall on Steven twenty feet away in front of us. He is chained to a metal chair in the middle of the room, and is exactly as Dawson described him.

He has several cuts, gashes and bruises scattered across his battered body. There are broken bones that look painful just to look at, his left eye is swollen shut and there's a gash from his cheek to his eyebrow.

He is nothing of the man I remember. His sculpted body and beautiful face that looked as if he stepped right off the cover of a GQ magazine, are all gone. In its place, is the perfect replica of what I imagine his soul to look like...a disgusting fucking monster.

I feel Steven's cold dark eyes on me. It is then, that something inside of me snaps, just like when I shot the man in the car that was shooting at Dawson and me.

Rage, and the want to fight, replaces my fear and nervousness. I am ready for battle.

This man used me, beat me, raped me, humiliated me and forced me to fuck other men – and he is only twenty feet away from me, chained to a motherfucking chair and he can't move.

I begin to walk slowly towards him, my eyes fixed on the shackles around his wrists and ankles, focused on the fact that he can't move. He's now the hopeless one. Not me.