Chapter 23

Nitro

I watch Lily as she makes the best of the bombs that have just been dropped on her tonight. To find out that the two men you trusted more than anyone in the world, kept something so important from you, that's a fucking rough blow. Especially about something as major as who killed your own mother. I hate that Pops and Lawman lied to her, but I also understand it. For Pops, it wasn't his place. Lily isn't his daughter to make such decisions for... Lawman is. For Lawman, I'm sure he had his reasons.

Lily has been asking questions, truly trying to get to the bottom of what happened, and why. She's incredibly strong and she has no fucking idea that she is. She would be amazing in the club, the way she has handled this tonight is better than most men I know would have, including myself. I probably would have sent my hand through a wall or thrown something.

The more I find out, the more I see why Lily doesn't trust easily. With Steven and his bullshit, and Lawman keeping her in the dark for years. Lily wants honesty. No secrets. She doesn't want to be in the dark anymore. She wants to be given that respect. I promise, Little One, that I will always give you that. Always the truth.

I look at Lily sitting next to me, and it clicks. I understand now, why we feel so drawn to each other and why we feel so comfortable together. We've known each other before, and we were inseparable. It isn't hard to believe with the way we've been since the moment I saw her. Could soul mates, really fucking exist?

I hate knowing that I could have grown up with her and didn't. That we were like this before, and we have no memory of it, we were too young. Hell, I wonder if she had never been taken from us, would she already be my old lady? Would we already have kids running around? What the hell have we missed?

As if she has read my mind, she tells Taz that she wonders the same and looks at me heartbroken. We were robbed but don't worry, Little One, you have come back to me and there's no way in hell I'm letting you go this time. I wink at her to reassure her that I too feel it and I won't let it happen again.

Pops stays to help us clean up as we talk of lighter subjects from mine and Lily's music skills, to mine and Lily's knife throwing skills, to comparing mine and Pop's military careers. The more I get to know Lily, the more I like her and the more I'm impressed by her. There seems to be nothing this woman can't do. She seems to be the happiest talking about music, her friends and the troubled kids she's taught. I hate that it seems she gave all of it up, for Steven.

After another hour passes by, Pops says his goodbyes and gives Lily a hug before I walk him out to the truck to have a few words alone with him.

"I see you added a seat." Pops says motioning towards my Harley.

"Yeah" I grin, looking over my shoulder at the best addition I've ever made to my bike.

"You've got it bad, don't you?" he laughs at me and slaps my chest. I can't help but blush thinking about Lily and how fucking bad I've got it for her. Fuck. I'm blushing over her, again.

"Yes, sir. I don't know what the fuck it is, but I've got it bad." I run my hand through my hair.

"It's Little Bit, she's amazing, always has been. Plus, it's the same thing you had when you were little kids in diapers. You two were just drawn to each other. Hell, you'd cry if the other wasn't around. When she left, you cried for weeks but you were both five, so the memories never stuck. For either of you." Pops says leaning back on his truck.

"What's your thoughts on soul mates, Pops?" I grin at him. Surprisingly, he doesn't laugh but seems almost serious. I would have laughed at the idea before now, but I can't help but wonder if our souls are drawn towards each other. That no matter how long we've been apart, we are still drawn together.