Chapter 60

Nitro

The rage I feel for this motherfucker is nothing like what I've felt before. He sold Lily and was planning on selling her again. He has fucking hurt her so much and all because he's fucking obsessed with her, and money.

I was holding Lily trying to keep her from killing him but after hearing everything that he'd done, I should have let her. My only reasoning for holding her back was not wanting her to kill him in anger. And she was beyond angry, she was fucking furious. I know too well what killing out of anger does to a person. I don't want her being left cold, like me.

With Steven's last confession, Lily jerks out of my arms and runs out of the shed. Tank tries to step in her way, but I motion for him to let her go. We're under lockdown so I'm not concerned with her going too far and I know she needs to run right now. She needs to get away from Steven.

"You will have the cartel rain over you. Rafe will demand to have her, and you will lose her. If you're as fucked as I am, you'll turn from this place and run with her." Steven hisses behind me. I turn to face him and close the distance quickly between us. I wrap my hand around his throat and squeeze.

"You are a sick fuck, and I can't wait until I make you take your last breath. You have fucked with the wrong woman." I hiss as he struggles to breath. I release him and walk towards the guys.

Everything he said was true. I had already gone against Bruce and the club once today. And if the cartel wanted her back, I would fight with everything I had to keep her, with or without the club.

"I need a minute with her guys. Tank, shut it down for me. Spike, find out where that fucking jet is. Then you and Snake update Bruce with the basics if he wants them now or hold off for church. Try to leave the sex shit out of it. Her old man doesn't need to hear that." I say pulling my cut on over my shirt.

"You got it." Spike nods and I can see the anger burning in his eyes.

"Thanks man." I pat Spike on the shoulder and turn to the rest of the guys. "Everything you heard that doesn't pertain to the club, please keep it between us."

"Absolutely. Nitro, he's a fucking dead man for what he's done to her. You tell her that." Tank growls, he's fucking angry. The rest of the guy's nod in agreeance, as they too, are pissed Lily has been treated like this.

"I will and I appreciate it." I nod to him. It's obvious the guys love her.

"Always man, she's your woman, but we do this for her. Spike and I have gotten to know her. She didn't deserve that shit." Tank looks at Steven like he's ready to kill him now.

"No, she didn't." I shake my head and rush outside to find her. Not seeing her, I make my way to the parking lot and see Army and Rebel sitting on the tailgate of Rebel's truck drinking beers.

"Have you seen, Lily?" I ask Army panicked.

"Yes, sir. She came up here pissed wanting to go inside. When I wouldn't let her, she demanded my whiskey and my joint. She's down there waiting for you." He says pointing down to the firepit a few yards to the south of us.

"Thanks" I tell him as I make my way down to her. I know she's pissed, and she has every fucking right to be.

She's standing, with her back to me, next to the large, rectangular stone firepit, with one foot resting on the edge. I watch as she leans her head back taking a shot from the bottle before resting it back onto her thigh. She doesn't see me coming but I know from Army's conversation with her, she's expecting me.

She takes a hit from the joint and I watch as she blows it out. She has the best idea to calm down her nerves, and mine. I don't smoke often, but on occasions like this, whiskey just isn't enough.