Chapter 18

Lily

"Hey guys, when you get finished, one of you play, Little Bit" Taz says to Spike and Texas as we approach them, before plopping down on a black leather barstool at a high-top table next to Spike.

"Gladly. I'll play her, right now. We're just bullshitting around." Tex speaks up from across the table and nods towards Spike before turning his attention to me, "You want to rack 'em?"

"Nope, you go ahead. I'll break." I grin at Tex, and glance over at Spike as he sits down on a barstool at the high-top table with Taz. Hopefully, we didn't interrupt anything but from the looks of it, they seem happy for the extra company.

"Yes, ma'am" Tex grins at me and gets to work collecting the balls out of the pockets of the wooden pool table. Spotting the pool stick rack on the wall, I walk over and choose one. I apply chalk to the tip of it, as I watch Tex rack the balls at the top of the table.

I've missed playing pool so fucking much. Besides, basketball, Dad and Taz taught me how to shoot pool years ago. I got so good at it, that there was a pool hall we'd go to and hustle people – I'm a woman, small in size and underestimated. It probably wasn't the best moral lesson, but it earned me a lot of extra cash, so I never found a reason to complain.

"All yours." Tex fans his hand over the table and stands next to me grinning. He, like the others before him, has no idea how good I am. This is going to be fun. I grin at him and step up to the top of the table and lean over hitting the cue ball hard sending balls rolling all over the table. Two balls sink into the far corner pockets, and I grin realizing I've still got it.

"Not bad" Tex grins at me, and I can see the shock in his eyes.

"Stripes." I call, grinning at him before I study the table for my next shot. Finding it, I sink another ball and then another.

"Lawman taught you to play, didn't he?" Tex looks at me confused. So, they know I'm Lawman's daughter, I guess everyone knows that by now.

"Along with Taz." I smirk at Tex, and all the guys around us start laughing.

"Taz, you taught this woman to play pool?" I watch as Tex looks over at Taz disgusted that he might have just lost this game before it's even started.

"Yep, and basketball. She'll smoke you in that too." Taz laughs before taking a sip of his beer that was just sat down in front of him. Lucky for Texas, I miss my next shot, turning the table over to him.

"That's my girl" Taz high fives my hand as I walk over to him before I take a sip of the beer Taz ordered for me.

"What's all the excitement out here?" Nitro appears from behind the bar, shocked to see me playing pool with Tex. Seeing him again, in his club cut, puts a huge smile on my face. He looks fucking sexy in it, and I never thought I'd find a cut sexy, especially since I feared them for so long. Nitro seems to be changing my mind about a lot of things though.

"Playing Tex in an innocent game of pool." I smile at Nitro, as he stares at me with the same want in his eyes as he did earlier at the cabin, causing me to bite my lip. Fuck, I'm still having a hard time believing this man likes me. He's so fucking gorgeous.

"Woman, if I know you, there's nothing innocent about it." he cocks his eyebrow at me and the flirty look in his eyes makes me blush.

"Hell no, there ain't. She's almost wiped the table and we've only been playing for five fucking minutes." Tex says shaking his head and I laugh at him, along with the others around us.

"You cryin' or shocked about being beat by a woman?" I spit the words out before I can stop myself. Shit, I'm going to offend this big motherfucker and he's going to kill me. I'm relieved when everyone, including Tex, begins to laugh...hard.