Chapter 28- Atypical

"Then Jesus said to the disciples, "Have faith in God."
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11‬:‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬
-Aniyah P.O.V
_______________________________

"If he dresses the lilies, with beauty and splendor, how much more does he love you..."

I'm standing next to Lily at the alter. Worshiping the Lord. The spirit of God is present over this place. I feel his presence and strong.

Her church is a one room building behind a gas station, downtown. The paint is rusting and the drum set is worn down but the people here have faith.

They aren't concerned about how their place of worships looks. They don't care if the curtains hanging up are trending in Europe. They don't care if the pillows on the one couch in the makeshift lobby is made out of the finest fur. They only care that God is here.

Oh, how the Lord is humbling me right now. I been so concerned about how my dads church look rather then fixing what's on the inside.

"You are Jireh. You are enough."

Lily placed her hand on back and began to pray over me.

I felt my knees become weak and God presence hovering over me.

The money is hers.

I fell to the floor in tears. Lily was prophesying over me and I began to speak in tongues. The whole church erupted into praise.

It's hers.

I couldn't hear anything anymore, I only could hear Gods voice.

Be obedient.

I don't know how long I was kneeling at the alter and I didn't care. I sat in Gods presence and I allowed him to speak to me.

The money is Lily's. For this church.

All two million of it.
________________________________

I don't know how but I got up and someone seated me in a chair, and I cried.

I cried because I been so concerned about the wrong things.

This money is Lily's, it's for her vision and her obedience to God. This money is not mine.

After service ended, the church cleared.

Lily waved goodbye to the last person and came and sat next to me.

She pulled my hair out of my face. Her wild red hair was bouncing everywhere as well.

Worship took us out.

"I appreciate you so much for inviting me here, I haven't felt Gods love in so long."

"Your welcome any time."

"Lily.... God spoke to me and he wants me to tell you that he is proud of you and your obedience."

I noticed her eyes tear up. "Thank you Aniyah. I needed to hear that, I struggle just to keep the lights on in this place."

"You don't have to struggle anymore." I reached into my bag and handed her the white envelope.

"This is yours."

"Aniyah what's this?"

"It's from God. I want you to open it once I leave okay. I have something to take care of."

"Okay.. thank you Aniyah. I pray to see you here again."

"Trust me you will."
________________________________

Since it's Sunday, I know that if I rush over to the church everyone should still be there. I need to do this.

I pulled up just as people started spilling out of the sanctuary.

I got out the car and ran inside.

I grabbed the mic from my mom. She had just finished dismissing everyone.

"Aniyah what's th.." She began to say before I cut her off.

"Everyone sit down!"

Everyone paused and stared back at me.

Amare looked at me with confused eyes. He looked around and saw everyone standing up. "I know y'all heard her say sit down." He said calmly.

They all sat back down.

"Umm... well. I got a word from God about the money and I know you all are waiting on me to announce what we are going to do with it. I know the children's department needs it bad and also we could start our own school, but God said that none of this matters,....I have donated all two million dollars to the Faith Center ran by Lily Asben."

Dead. Silence.

Amare stood up and clapped. "Praise God man!" He let out a shout of joy while everyone just stared at him.

My mom got up and clapped with him. So did Salome.

My family were the only people who looked pleased.

"Your serious?" Ms. Abrams asked me. "Why would you do that?"

"Excuse me Ms. Abrams. My daughter did what the Lord told her to do. If you have a problem with that then talk to God about it." My mom said with a bit of sas.

"Ouuuuu she told youu." Tevin said while laughing in his seat in the back.

"Aniyah darling, I am so pleased with you. I know Ms Lily could use it, I can't wait to meet her."

I gave my mom a hug. No matter what happens I know she will support me.

Amare came and grabbed my hand. "See what happens when you trust the Lord and stop stressing."

"Mhmm, thank you so much for helping me."

"Your welcome love." He replied and kissed my cheek.

"Excuse me Aniyah." A deep voice said behind me.

I turned around and it was Mr. Roberts, this 70 year old man who's been with my dad since he opened this church.

"Yes Mr. Roberts?"

"I just wanted to be the first to say that I am not pleased. You gave two million dollars to some woman you don't even know, when we are the ones who need help."

"I understand Mr. Roberts but truly we have everything we need. The money is not ours."

"You know, your dad would be very disappointed in you."

"That's enough." Amare stepped between us, "Thank you but she doesn't need to hear your opinion Mr. Roberts and insulting her isn't helping."

The old man simply put his hands in his pockets and walked away.

I felt tears build up in my eyes. I knew they wouldn't be happy with me but to say my father isn't proud of me is a reach.

"It's okay love. Don't listen to him munchkin." He wiped my tears away.

"You did what's best. Think of how this is going to bless Lily. You are amazing and remember that."

All I could do was smile back.

His phone rung. He answered it and his face changed.

"Who is it?" I asked him.

"Is she there now?" He said seriously. "Okay I'll be there."

He hung up.

"Don't freak out." He said calmly.

"I promise I won't." I told him anxiously.

"Chloe is in labor."
________________________________
Word Count- 1070
Y'all it's took me way too long to finish this chapter. I was supposed to post this Saturday but things came up💔 I love y'all and thank you guys for being patient with me.