Chapter 21- Butterflies

"For, "Who can know the Lord's thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?" But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2‬:‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
- Aniyah
_________________________________

As I stood out in front of the giant cabin I couldn't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach.

This is my home for the next week.

It's two stories and it has giant glass windows. It's deep in the forest and the closest neighbor is miles away.

The owner told us to be careful of bears and deers but other then that we should be safe. He also told us it may snow during our stay.

I don't know if that was supposed to make me feel better, but it did not.

"Aniyah come help me!" Tevin shouted at me. He's grabbing our bags out the van, he's obviously struggling.

"You need to get back in the gym." Mahogany said standing next to him.

"Girl hush, no one asked you. Now here." He said as he handed her a pink suitcase. I helped him with the rest of the bags.

The entrance of the cabin was beautiful. The living room was giant with a fireplace on the wall. The whole place is just comfortable. It's the perfect place to relax. The church has been my main focus these last weeks. I've been ordering new furniture and getting the appearance of the church a whole new upgrade.

I still have other things to worry about then decor but I've been pushing the big responsibilities to the back of my mind. I don't feel ready to take on these issues the members are throwing at me, like who is going to be the new lead pastor. So ordering pillows in my office all day will suffice for now.

"Aniyah darling it's so beautiful." My mom said as she checked the place out.

"Yes mama it is."

"When is your boy- I mean Amare coming?" She said innocently. She know what she doing.

I rolled my eyes, "Amare is coming later tonight with the kids. He said he had some errands to run."

"Very well then. Your room is upstairs at the end of the hall I think."

"Where's mine?" Tevin asked.

"It's next to Aniyah's and Mahogany's is across from yours. You guys know the rules." She eyed Tevin and his girlfriend and they awkwardly stared back at her.

"Mom they know the rules, loosen up." I told her.

"I don't like him like that anyways." Mahogany whispered to herself as she walked up the stairs to her room.

"What was that lil girl?!" Tevin said as he chased after her.

"Them two are something else." My mom said laughing.

The front door opened. It's Salome. They must have just made it here.

"Hey y'all." She had the baby bundled up in her arms.

The boys walked in behind her. They were shivering, but they looked adorable in their giant winter coats.

"Auntie!" Keziah yelled as she ran to give me a hug.

"Oh my gosh, your hair. I love it!" I told her. Her dirty blonde hair is straight and almost touches her waist. I assumed she just got a trim.

"Thank you." She said as she ran to give my mom a hug.

"Boys why are y'all so quiet." I bent down in front of them taking their jackets off.

"We're c..cold." Kj said.