Chapter 25- Vulnerability

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬
-Amare P.O.V
🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮

I stared at my mother.

"Oh." Elijah said once he realized who the small, dark, and dirty figure was. I watched as his fist automatically balled up.

"You always do this, you leave for months and when you need something you come back!"

"Elijah...." She said softly.

Marie Brown is the mother of two children. She had her first child at 18. Ever since then she's been a single mother and her first couple years as a mom went well. She had a small support system but it was enough to get her by. Although her children had no father, they never had a want. She was their mom and their dad and she played both roles well.

The night she found out she miscarried her third child is the night she had her first encounter with the drug that would inevitably control her life and cause her to leave her first loves. Her children.

"I can't do this, you deal with her." Elijah said as he walked away and went upstairs. I sighed.

"Come in."
________________________________
Aniyah's P.O.V

"So this is nice." Jacob said.

Today is the day Keziah meets her stepmother. It's not the most comfortable thing but her mom and I promised we would be there.

We're at a nice restaurant that Mr. Rowe got us reservations too. Having the mayor as your grandfather has its benefits I guess.

"How's school?" Aspen asked Keziah.

Aspen was a few years younger then Jacob. Her long blond hair was pulled into a bun. She had bright blue eyes just like Jacobs. She hasn't said much but she does look beautiful.

"It's cool Ms. Aspen." Keziah said eagerly. I'm so proud of my niece. I feel like her world has been turnt upside down but she's taken it all with a smile on her face. She's so excited to finally meet her father and her relationship with Keveen has gotten better from my understanding. She's even at her grandparents house on weekends.

"That's great. You know your siblings just got into junior honor society." She said proudly.

"Oh really... when can I meet them?" Keziah asked. She was in a poofy dress and her straight hair from vacation is back curly.

"We would have to arrange that in due time. But for now let's take it slow." Jacob said.

"Yes I agree." Salome said.

Aspen and Keziah went on to talk about her siblings more. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it.

________________________________
Salome❤️- This soooo isn't awkward

-Girl, I'm saying. At least Keziah looks like she's having fun

Salome ❤️- Aspen seems nice tho🤷🏾‍♀️

-Yeah she's cool. Ima run to the bathroom right quick.

Salome ❤️- hurry up and come back!
_____________________________
"Excuse me, I'll be right back." I said to the table as I stood up.

I walked to the bathroom. I had on a long black dress and I kept the same puff from yesterday. I paired it all with dangly earrings and heels.

I was halfway to the bathroom when I bumped into someone.