Chapter 7- Man to Man...Kinda

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." Colossians 3:21

~Aniyah Zai
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been a few days since Amare and I met at the park. Today the family is meeting at Salome's house, and I invited Amare to come over there as well.

When I told Tevin that I invited Amare, I didn't hear the end of it. He claimed I was in love with him.

Its a possibility I could be....

Right now im standing in my bathroom mirror admiring my outfit. It's late August and it's getting colder by the day. I'm wearing my usual sweater and jean combo, I pulled my freshly done faux locs into a half up, half down ponytail.

I grabbed my things and headed to Salome's house.

When I pulled up I saw Amare's car along with my moms and Tevins car parked all together in a straight line aside her house.

I guess im late...

I walked in and was greeted by my rowdy nephews, Keziah was in her room as usual. I hugged Salome and rubbed her round belly, she was sitting in a recliner in the living room with Kevene, im happy to see her out of her bed.

I greeted my mom in the kitchen, as she stood over a huge pot of spaghetti. I didn't notice I was hungry till now.

"Hi momma, it smells good."

"Thank you baby, you hair looks nice."

My mom was wearing her usual modest attire. She looked gorgeous in her long sleeve, ankle length dress.

"Thank you, I just got it done.... Um where is Amare and Tevin?"

She grinned. "Oh you mean your little boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend!" I whisper slash shouted to her.

"Okay whatever you say, but he just got here about 10 minutes ago, Tevin pulled him outside."

Oh No.

I ran to the back door window, I could see Tevin and Amare outside on the patio. Tevin has his hand on Amare's shoulder as Amare looks at him confused. I press my ear to the window.

"Listen here, I don't care if shes not your girlfriend, but I cant have my sister talkin to no bum, you understand?"

"Tev I don't under-" Tevin cut Amare off.

"You may be... 10 years or so older than me but don't forget I can still beat that-"

I opened the door and cut his sentence off.

"Ohhh Aniyah Zai! What a pleasure to see you here." Tevin states as he backs up from Amare and smiles innocently at me.

This boy...

"Why are you terrorizing my friend." I asked.

"Niyah its okay." Amare said obviously fighting a laugh.

Tevin shoot him a glare. "I was telling your friend here that if he hurts you, Ima-"

"Tevin stop, why would he hurt me." I walked over and gave Amare a side hug. Tevin glared at us.

"Your hair is nice." Amare complimented me as he fingered a loose loc from my ponytail. I blushed and told him thank you.

"You two disgust me" Tevin said as he walked into the house.