Chapter 21

Third pov

Papyrus smiles to him self as he pulled up in to the driveway, gripping on to the groceries he had stopped to pick up on his way back home from work after getting off. He trudged his way inside, putting away whatever he was saving for another night, before getting tonight's dinner ready to be made, while getting the table set up for everyone, sans and red had walked in, having a pin battle like always which made papyrus cringe a little bit, but none the less he pushed said puns aside to ask about his day.

" SO BROTHER! HOW WAS YOUR DAY SO FAR? DID AUTUMN ENJOY BEING DROPPED OFF?"

" yeah she was pretty chill, a lil nervous but she's fine-"

Red nudged sans in the shoulder with a sly grin, " vanilla here found himself a girl friend~"

" S..she's not my girl friend red, she's just a girl I meet while dropping autumn off"

Papyrus halted everything that he was doing, turning round to clasp his arms around his brother, pulling him in to a tight hug.

" OH BROTHER IT'S A MIRACLE! A GIRL ACTUALLY WALKED UP TO YOU AND SPOKE TO YOU!"

Ouch?- as much as sans hates to admit it, his brother was a little bit right, he always had trouble with girls, just wasn't his thing but after being alone for a while and seeing other couples he wanted to try a relationship with someone, this girl though, he smiled a bit thinking back when he first met her at the school.

Flash back-

Sans smiled as he watched autumn sit quietly at one of the tables miss amani told her to sit at, backing out of the room a little bit before turning round, bumping in to someone in the process. Said person frantically began to apologize to him, pulling him up from the ground in the process.

" Oh stars! I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going! Are you alright?"  A young girl, no. A young woman stood in front of him, beautiful emerald like eyes, round glasses sat in front of said eyes, fair skin, with a bit of freckles scattering her cute face, a puffy looking scarf in the shape of a bow almost was wrapped around her neck, while a cream colored sweater wrapped over a pale white turtle neck sweater dress flowing down to her ankles, showing of small feet inside of Plane black Mary Jane shoes.

Sans shrugged a little bit before smiling at her gently, she looked to be around his height, which is pretty short for a human around her age.

" not a problem miss, it happens at times."

" Well, either way I apologize, should have been a bit more careful instead of running around, but when you have as many siblings as I do it can get a bit crazy, and you forget at times!"

" yeah, siblings can be a little crazy"

Speaking of said sibling, two girls came up behind this young woman, peering up at sans for a moment before scurrying inside of the classroom.

" im guessing those are your siblings?"

" Hm? Oh yeah, Avery and Kathy, the two youngest our of the lot of us, which, I unfortunately have to get going, it was nice meeting you mister?...."

" Just sans-"

" Right, it was nice meeting you ' just sans' " she jokes, sending a flutter of butterflies in sans's nonexistent tummy. " I'm Katie by the way, I hope we can see more of each other!"

With that she quickly runs out of the school doors back to her own car while sans blipped to his own.

End of flash back

Papyrus beams down at his brother, ranting on and on how he should ask for her number so they can start off as friend, them later on work their way through the relationship and become mates.  Sans held his hands up in the air a little, calming his brother a little.

" whoa whoa bro, take it easy. We only just met "

" yeah, but ya fell in love the moment your eyes laid on her, most monster don do that unless the two are soulmates."

" AND FROM HOW YOU EXPLAINED THE WAY SHE REACTED, SEEMS LIKE SHE FELL IN LOVE TOO" papyrus chimes in while setting the rest of the table back up. After going back and forth a little bit, some of the other residents began to show up after work, and a small resident from school, although she didn't seem quite as happy as she was earlier this morning which made the skeletons a little bit worried about her.
While at the dinner table, red was the first one to acknowledge it before anyone else did.

" alright kiddo, what's going on?"

" Hm? Oh nothing...just thinking a little bit.."

" AUTUMN DEAR," pumpkinstarts while clutching on to his fork "YOU SEEM SORT OF..."

" out...of it....you've barely touched your food...somethin buggin ya?"

" I...um....meet someone at my school...someone mean..."

Everything was a bit silent at first, shortly after wine cleared his throat, taking a napkin to wipe off the same spot autumn had on her cheek.

" DID YOU TELL YOUR TEACHER SOMEONE WAS BEING...UNKIND TO YOU?"

a shake of her head was his answer, making him and the others tilt their head in confusion.

" why not sweet heart?" Mutt spoke from the end of the table, peeking his head over to get a better look at her.

" I didn't have too"

" WHY NOT?"

" Because papa dust and papa ghost came by and stopped them before they could do anything mean to me-"