Chapter one.

Third pov

Stretch grimaced down at a random box of pasta noodles, it was so expensive, but papyrus specifically asked for this brand. This pasta better be worth 40 bucks, stretch thought to himself as he placed the box down in the shopping carrier before moving on to find the condiments aisle, but for whatever reason he felt as if he were being....watched.

A little paranoid he looked around a bit, but as he found nothing, he shrugs it off before reaching his destination. Ah the condiments section, blue had always tried his best to keep stretch, sans, red, mutt. away from it, along with axe, but being as stubborn as they all were, it always ended in failed attempts. ' lets see.... ketchup for vanilla, mustard for red, BBQ sauce for mutt, also have to grab his treats...uhh...coffee for kofi, and last but not least, honey for myself.' he spoke to himself. As he reached out for his familiar bear bottle, a glimpse of Orange out of the corner of his eye, when he turned to face whatever was getting his attention. He was a little taken a back, a small girl, bright orange hair, dressed in a pink, strawberry covered frilly romper. While white socks covers her small feet, was starring up at him for the last few minutes or so.

' where the hell are this kids parents? And her shoes?'

The small child smiled up at stretch a bit before pointing up towards the shelf. " what? you want a honey bottle?" He spoke looking to where she was pointing. A shake of her head was his answer. " ketchup?...." A shake.  "mustard?" Another shake.

" ....mayo?..."

A nod was his answer this time, with a sigh he reached up, grabbing a mayo bottle. He then reached down and placed it in to the kids arm softly before placing his free hand back in to his hoodie pocket. A few minutes passed by before she signed. ' thank you' to him before running off past him. More then likely to her parents.

' that was a little weird...least I was able to help her out'. Without a final thought he went off to find cash's alcohol, then blue once the requested alcohol was found. When blue and stretch had everything they needed, the two of them stood in the line to check out, speaking to one another while they waited.

" I'm sorry sweetie, but you don't have enough for the mayo and the candy bar, you're gonna have to have to pick one or the other sweet heart." Stretch heard the cashier speak behind him, when he and his brother went to see what was going on, stretch instantly recognized the young girl from earlier, 'where the hell are this kids parents?'

she had a disappointed look on her face as she placed a small candy bar back on the shelf. Once the mayo was scanned and bagged up, the young girl handed the cashier lady what looked to be about five dollars.

The girl grabbed her bags, waved goodbye to the lady before scampering out the front doors of the store. By the time it was him and his brothers turn, stretch looked down at the candy bar the girl was trying to get earlier, making the decision to buy it for her, just to be nice. His brother gave him a look of confusion.

" BROTHER, YOU ALREADY HAVE HONEY, WHY DO YOU NEED A CANDY BAR?"

" its not for me bro"

" FOR KOFI MAYBE? OR BLACK? I KNOW BLACK LIKES SWEETS AT TIMES BUT I DON'T REMEMBER HIM SAYING HE LIKES THAT TYPE OF CANDY" blue pondered as they walked out of the store, luckily the child was still outside, starring at some items through the window of another shop. Stretch was praying this poor girl wasn't homeless, if she was he and the others would have to contact the authorities, and he honestly didn't want to have to deal with that right now so he's hoping her parents are close by. When stretch left his brothers side and approached the girl, he squatted next to her with a soft grin.

" hey kid.." he spoke, catching her attention to him, she smiled polite like  as she pointed at a stuffed rabbit in the shop window. " Pretty..." Her gentle voice squeaked. With a grin her pulled the candy bar she wanted out of his pocket, showing it to her. That beam in her eyes made his grin stretch further as she let out a happy cry. Tackling him with a tight hug. Blue had finally gotten curious of what his brother was doing and made his way over to the two, his own eyes turning in to stars as he watched the scene in front of him.

" AWE! BROTHER THAT IS SO SWEET OF YOU TO DO!!" Blue spoke happily while he crouched down next his brother. Once the hug was over the girl signed a bunch of thanks yous and happy thoughts.

" its not a problem kiddo...but uh...I wanted to ask you something if you dont mind.."

' no, I don't mind'

" where are your parents kid?"

The girl was silent for a second before she told the two of them her parents were at home not far, and that they sent her here because they were out of mayo, and more of a reason to look around cause her and her family just moved in just today.

' they just let their kid walk here alone?'

The girl doesn't look old enough to be on her own, in fact, she looks to be just four or five years old if stretch was being honest with himself. Also pointing out the fact that she has no shoes? What were these parents thinking.

" WELL! IF YOUR HOME IS NOT FAR FROM HERE, WOULD YOU LIKE A RIDE? WE HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM!"

Stars appeared in this girls eyes as she shook her head rapidly. Once the two brothers stood up on to their feet, they lead the young girl to their car, placing everything inside. Blue strapped the young girl and her jar of mayo in the back seat, before climbing in to the driver's seat next to his brother. With a happy grin and excited squeaks, the girl and her new skeleton friends were back on their way home.