//37//: Where they tell their stories 2

Beginne am Anfang

"I want to. Let me."

She nodded.

"I can still remember how she rushed out of the eatery holding the paperback above her head as she screamed my name. She had on the brightest smile. I stood up approaching her figure slowly then she screamed out my name again showing me a new bracelet she got for being the customer of the month.

Trust me when I say the school's uniform looked so pretty on her. It was a white long sleeved shirt, black and white checkered mid thigh skirt, a black panty hoes, she never wears black cover shoes so she was wearing a black converse, black neck tie, a black sleeveless sweater vest and a black blazer.

Suddenly, a group of thugs grabbed her and slung her above their shoulder as they all ran away with her. I threw my bag away and ran as fast as I could. She kept of yelling for help, she fought them but it was all in vain. They took her to an abandoned alley all alone. My running was halted when I almost got hit by a car. I fell on the ground but despite being injured, I didn't stop. I kept on running to get her.

By the time I reached them, her shirt was already ripped apart and her pants hoes were discarded. She paled, Adila. I tried getting to her but they got a hold of me and beat me black and blue. I've never felt so useless in my entire life. I didn't stop fighting, I fought them and held her right hand but I was dragged back by one of the thugs. She managed to slip her bracelet on my hand. She was in tears and was so exhausted from screaming. She yelled and told me to run before they kill me but I refused.

Noor was sexually assaulted and abused. The biggest guy amongst them held me tightly. I couldn't move an inch. They forced me to watch as they all took turns on her.

They only stopped when the car that almost hit me came forth. I was too enraged to realise that it was Baba Kaka's car. The people inside rushed out of the car immediately, that seemed to have scared the assaulters away. The driver, Baba kaka, Betty and your sister, Aliza stared at the seen as words weren't able to escape their lips.

I hurried over to Noor's figure. She was almost unconscious and was bleeding severely. I didn't care. I took her in my arms and entered the car. We headed straight to the nearest hospital. Betty and Aliza told me to engage her in a conversation before she would lose consciousness. I was too worried to even utter a single word.

The doctors took her into the operating room on a stretcher. I was panicking. I paced back and forth waiting for a respond from them but didn't get any.

Baba kaka, Betty and Aliza tried their best to calm me down but it was all in vain. I was hurting too bad. I don't know how people got the news but people from our school came, her family members, mine, and our friends were all present. I didn't pay heed to anyone as I furthered my supplications.

All I could think of that moment was Noor. When I got tired of waiting, I forcefully made my way inside the operating room. I had never seen Noor so grief-stricken and lifeless in my entire life. I ignored all the doctors that urged me to leave as I hurried to her.

She had on a smile. How the hell could she be in that condition and still have a smile on her face? She was tired. With how she looked I knew but I didn't want to believe that she wasn't going to make it.

"Farooq, I'm dying." She managed to mutter lowly but he heard her loud and clear. A tear slipped down her massacred cheeks mixing with the blood stain on it.

He shook his head and held her delicate hands ever so softly. He was scared of inflicting pain on her. "Don't say that. You'll be fine. Okay? You still have a long life ahead of you! The five of us still have an ocean full of adventures to go." He was in tears. He knew he was just trying to calm himself down but he knew all he was uttering were not true.