The End of the Cafe

Hey, WeBeK here! Thank you all for so many damn reads! By the time I post this I'll prolly be at 2k reads and more than 200 likes. Its incredible and I never thought Point Zero would make it this far. Anyways, it's been enough fun time cheerio. It's time for the real story to unfold!

Welcome to: The Beginners Guide to Becoming a Hero!

Although this is a test run and side project compared to my real story, I'm refusing to hold back. Years of studying movie fails and wins, and I finally get to place it here. I'm writing this part before this chapter comes out, and to say I'm more than shocked that before I posted this I'm at 2.4k readers is unbelievable. I can't be thankful enough that everyone is reading this right now.

______________________________________

Andy laid in his bed, not quite wanting to get up. The blankets were perfect, and he had found the best position to sleep in, despite his tiny bed. It was quiet, without a car driving past. Only the sound of birds chirping and bugs chirping into the city skies.

He was swiftly disturbed by a ring on his phone. It buzzed for a second as he waited for it to stop calling.

"Call from; Nena" The phone spoke out for him. Andy jumped from his cozy grave as he raced to the table. He grasped the phone in his hand and swiped across the green button.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Andy. I need you here today. Are you free?" She asked politely.

"Yeah, I'm free. I decided to skip today since I figured I'd still be tired from the festival, but I'm fine now." He lied, since he had barely any sleep that night. If it wasn't for Eraserhead making him go inside for the night.

"Nejire is here already, so make sure you get here soon. Youre not working today since this is important." He felt her warm smile from the other side of the phone.

"Alright, I'll be there as soon as possible." He replied

"Good. See you soon!"

"See ya'." He replied and hung up the phone. Not even a second later he grabbed his boots. They slipped on like a slipper as he opened the window in an attempted one movement. He slipped out and onto the railing before leaping off. 

He soared through the air and to the sidewalk below. Sero, who was walking by from going to school, happened to catch Andy falling down. He landed only a bit in front of him, nearly missing him by a hair.

"SORRY AGAIN, SERO!" He shouted before running off into the middle away as quickly as he came. Sero stood there for a second, not sure if continuing would land him in the middle of a villain fight. Why was he in such a rush if he wasn't running from anything?

He raced through the city, making sharp turns in the middle of the street. It was worth all of the pain his ankles were dealing with in those sharp turns. He wanted to know why Nena was closed today, and why it was so important to have this talk. Fridays were big business days, and she never stopped the coffee shop grind.

He slid across the concrete, letting pebbles being picked up behind him shoot up to and to his back. He stood in front of the cafe while panting. Andy quickly picked himself back up before strolling in.

"Hey, Andy. That was awfully quick. Did you run here?" Nena smiled at him walking in the door. She motioned for Andy to join in the backroom, and he quickly followed behind in curiosity.

Inside there weren't as many boxes as usual. What was once a room filled with stacks of ingredients for doughnuts, bagels, sandwiches and coffee was now almost gone.

Andy turned to Nejire for advice and tilted his head in the process. She only shrugged in return with not a clue why they were called in. She was already in her seat, waiting for Andy to show up. He sat next to her, and Nena took a seat across from them.

"Is everything alright?" Nejire was concerned. She's almost never called down for emergencies, especially on weekdays.

"Well, sort of." She clasped her hands together on the table. "You two know how I left my family for Japan, right?"

"Yeah." Andy replied, "You're from Germany, right?"

"I am, and sadly I have to go back for a while." She started to tear up slightly before wiping it, "My mother is very sick, and I need to help take care of her. I know this is really sudden, and abrupt, but I want to give you two a heads up. I'll be leaving in two weeks, which is enough time to hopefully use up the last shipment of products."

Andy stared at Nena, not even noticing what she said anymore in distress. It all went silent as he stared into the abyss.

Who will hire him now? There's few children jobs that will hire quirkless. How will he pay for rent? He's already used a lot of money to get supplies for the sports festival. Hell be evicted by the time school starts up again in two months, minus the money for food, electricity, water, washing clothes, and so much more . Hell have to find another job that might just hire a quirkless kid. The chance of finding one is slim, and in two months is even slimmer. He can't focus on school if ge doesent have a home, which means until he has a job again, he can't go back to U.A.

"I'll be giving double pay for the next two weeks. After everything, I'll hopefully come back to Japan and open up again." She said, watching as Nejire got a little sad, but Andy shown no expression. He looked almost blank, with not a sign of distress, anger or anything.

"Aw, I love this place! By the time you come back I'll be a pro by then. It'll be too long!" Nejire said, jumping from her chair to hug Nena. 

"Aw, I'll miss you too. You make the best pastries in the country, and I'll surely miss them." She hugged back, waiting for Andy to join in. Instead, he just sat there, staring into the floor. "Andy? Are you alright?"

Andy paused and looked up with tears in his eyes. "I'll miss you..." he sobbed out while rushing to go hug Nena. He wrapped his arms around her and avoided getting tears onto her shirt.

"You too, Andy." She moved her arm to wrap it around him.

In all honesty, he would miss Nena a ton, but he mostly needed the job. She was an awesome work mom, and paid well for his work, despite his lack of work hours because of school. It was the only way he scraped by in a world unforgiving to him.

Only one question raced in his head now;

How can he juggle school and find a place to hire him at the same time?

______________________________________

Hey, Webek here. Sorry for the shorter chapter today. It's going to be almost a whole year on April 28th, and I think I'll post my insta account so everyone can observe art I'm working on and such.