The Quiet Cafe

It was a warm, humid Thursday morning and the sun hasn't woken up yet. It had just rained yesterday and the air was filled with the smell of fresh rain. The smell of coffee and baked goods filled the small cafe like usual. It was a quiet morning and only a couple customers were inside.

"So, what happened yesterday?" Nena turned to Andy, who was grabbing his apron off the wall. Andy side eyed her, annoyed that the events even happened.

"So you met All Might" She leaned to him quietly so no one in the store could hear. "You almost got caught by the number one hero"

Andy held out three fingers to symbolize he was almost caught three times.

"Three times? Man, what a day." She put her hands on her hips.

"I'm taking a big break. Between All Might nearly catching me twice and Midnight finding out wh-" Andy spotted Midnight walking through the glass doors with a black haired friend. She opened the door and stared directly at Andy, which spooked him.

"You summoned her" Nena pushed his back to go talk to the heroes. "Your secret life isn't part of this cafe. You are on your own"

"Hey Andromeda. Can I just get the usual coffee with sugar and cream." She paused and looked at the doughnuts. "Can i get a jelly filled doughnut this time? I haven't tried one yet."

Andy nodded, quickly rushing around behind the register and preparing all of the drinks. 

"This place is nice '' Mr. Aizawa, and also a teacher at the school and friend to Midnight spoke out in a monotone voice. Andy finished off the coffee and placed a lid on it.

"Wait until you try Andromeda's coffees." She pulls out her wallet from her pocket.

"You can just call me Andy" He quietly corrected her. He picked up a jelly doughnut with a napkin and placed it in a bag along with the napkin. 

"Oh sure" She quickly accepted the new name. Andy picked up the drink and placed it on the counter along with the bag.

Midnight looked at the horns that sat on Andy's head. One of the horns was slightly crooked. She pointed to her head where Andy's crooked plastic horn sat.

Andy stopped and checked his horns. One of them was twisted out and wasn't quite on properly. He whispered back "Thank you."

"Can I get a black coffee?" Mr.Aizawa's monotone voice stopped Andy from going back to the cafe. Andy once again nodded and went to the other side to pour a plain coffee.

"I promise you wont regret coming here." She calmly noted as she took out the doughnut from the bag and took a bite. She melted at the taste of the doughnut Nejire and Nena baked last night. Andy never really baked the sweets there, just served coffee and got things from tall shelves.

Andy put the cap on the cup before handing it to the teacher. He gladly took it and held out the money for the coffee. Andy traded and put the money in the register and took change along with the receipt and handed it to him.

He took the coffee, nodded and walked out with Midnight. They went into the car and Andy continued his day like normal, happy nothing happened.

To be honest all this action was enough for Andy for at least another week. He needed the break anyway. Maybe this time he would leave a note for the heroes that he was taking a break. Paper airplane style into the police station or something.

"So she isn't going to turn you in?" Nena came back from the corner. Andy shrugged and sat down behind the counter, knees to chest. He hugged his legs close to him as he cooled off.

"Pft- You better stay on her good side" Nena grabbed a cup and poured herself a quick coffee, adding ingredients Andy couldn't see.

"She can defeat me so easily." He tilted his head back and unfolded his knees and arms. "One of the only heroes i fear"

"And why is that?"

"You can't outrun air. And it's easy to get caught off guard by her '' Andy got and started his daily routine of cleaning and preparing for everything.

"She obviously doesn't care to turn you in." Nena turned back to him and leaned onto the counter. "I don't think you have anything to fear."

"Ah, that's what you think. They lure you into a false sense of security and try to capture you" He moved the baked goods from the back display to the front so it's easier to grab. "Cementoss tried that''

She sighed before grabbing a doughnut off the display "just eat a doughnut. Take a break from all that stuff for a week."

"I already am. Ima make new gear for the entrance exam" He grabbed the doughnut and sat back down behind the counter, quickly destroying the sweet. Creating a new suit wasn't easy. His gauntlets took weeks to finish the design and the shoes took twice as long. 

"Oh yeah, you want to go to that school. I'm guessing you don't want to be identified?"

"Yeah, not something worth getting caught over '' He finished the last bite of the doughnut.

"You need to help. This is just sad now."

"What is?"

"The fact you're so stressed from your second job. It's like you're constantly paranoid over the heroes that walk in '' Nena walked off to the back of the store taking her coffee with her.

"It's a reasonable reaction. Like police pulling you over when you did nothing wrong." He protested to Nena.

"You're paranoid. Doesn't try to give excuses"

"And who's gonna help me?"

"I don't know a therapist"

"Yeah right. They'd turn me in'' Andy grabbed the wipes from the wipes from the shelf and started cleaning the glass display.
____________________________________________

HEY! Webek here. So ofc you know this story exists but its connected to another story when this continues. Theyll both be connected at some point and i think you may like that one too.

Its called Bad Luck! And is about a kid who needs to use their quirk for the Leauge of Villains. Click on my account to find it easily :>