32

Two months passes in the blink of an eye

Just like she promised, Bianca found for me an amazing therapist who I see twice a week. I never though that sharing my emotional baggage with a complete stranger would feel this freeing. The more I talked to him, the more I started finding a meaning to my life other than the irrepressive desire to hurt Zoe De Melo.

In fact, I no longer feel so much anger when I think about her.

It's like I can put myself in her shoes now. I still can't forgive what she did to me but I understand it now. Everyone has their own way of coping with pain and trauma. I don't think I'm very different from Zoe, in fact. I also chose to follow a dark path in order to get back at her. Maybe I would have turned into a bully too if I had the same childhood as her.

With this new found understanding, I go through life with a light heart. I find happiness in little things and I'm actually looking forward to the future.

There is just on teensy, tiny problem...

As I walk out of the therapist office, I find my dear boyfriend Milo waiting for me by the coffee machine. I try to return his smile but I just know that it doesn't look as genuine as it's supposed to be. I wonder if he notices too.

« How was it today's session ? » He asks.

I let him wrap his arm around my shoulders and we leave the building together.

« It was great. » I tell him. «...By the way, you don't have to drive me here every time, you know. I hate that you have to waste your time like this. »

« I'm not wasting my time, Carla. I want to be here for you. »

I look up at his face. He seems so sincere...I know I should be more grateful to him but why do I feel annoyed instead ?

Milo takes me to his car. He just started an e-commerce business and is trying his best to make it work. I wish he'd just transfer all this attention to that instead of spending so much time with me.

I don't know why I even agreed to start dating him. I shouldn't have let Bianca talk me into it. She was so certain that I would fall in love with Milo in a few weeks but of course, my gut feeling was right...He's just not Abel.

I think I could have loved Milo as a friend but stuck in this romantic relationship with him...I just despise him. Every little attention he shows me is annoying to me and I don't know how to tell him because the last thing I want is to break his heart.

« Do you want to grab dinner somewhere ? » He asks. « There are plenty of amazing restaurants around here. »

« I want to it at home, if you don't mind... »

« Oh. Home is fine too. I'll make us pasta. »

« Too much carbs, Milo. I'm on a diet. »

« Then steak and a potato salad. I'm really great at making potato salad, babe. »