Chapter 74

Y/N POV

"You're finally adopting her?!" I shrieked, dropping my fork that I had picked up.

"Yes! She is feeling confident enough to leave the shelter now so we're bringing her home!" Lisa exclaimed from the other end of the phone call.

Jennie was finally getting adopted!

It took a lot longer than I had thought, the nervous cat hybrid being far too scared to leave the confines of her private room the last few weeks. But now it seemed that Lisa and Rose had convinced her enough to agree to adoption.

"The police check came through this morning so we're going to pick her up now! I couldn't believe I had to sit at work all day with that news-"

"Wait," I was confused. "You already did one for Rose though? And you planned this without telling me??"

"Sorry, I was kind of busy setting everything up and trying to contain my OWN excitement. But turns out they do a police check every time you adopt. You never know, I could have murdered someone since my last check." Lisa explained.

"Fair enough, I guess. When can I meet her?" I was anxious to see the new addition to her family.

"Give her a few days. It took her weeks just to warm up to Rose and I. I'll let you know when you can come over."

"Okay good, so a few days takes us to, like, Thursday then? Great, I'll bring cake-"

"No, Y/N!" Lisa laughed. "I'll text you, okay?"

"Fiiiiine" I grumbled.

We continued to catch up as I kept pulling out the cutlery for dinner. My second day at the new job was once again a success. It was definitely a lot to wrap my head around, but starting any new job was like that.

"They're adopting Jennie?" Yoongi asked as I finally ended the call.

"Yeah! I can't believe she didn't tell me, she's picking her up now." I replied.

"I wonder if she'll enjoy hanging out with all of us..."

I snorted at the idea. If Jennie was as shy as Lisa said, I can't imagine her being completely comfortable around the guys. Not that they weren't friendly, but they were just so loud and boisterous and energetic.

We ate dinner as usual, with a movie playing in the background. Felix also joined us tonight since Jisoo was working late. Him and Jungkook had grown quite close, perhaps bonding over their similar experience? Nevertheless, he was happily seated between the bunny and Jimin.

As soon as I finished the last bite of my food, Yoongi was moving the plate off my lap and pulling me up.

"Y-yoongi!" I tried to speak with my mouth still full.

He froze in his spot, now the focus of all the other hybrids around us.
"Oh, sorry, were you still hungry?" He asked innocently, tail flicking around behind him.

I swallowed my food, "No, but-"

"Okay good, we needed to read that stuff from the research centre remember?" He hastily replied.

Before I could even question what on earth he was talking about, he was already pulling us out of the living room and into my bedroom. He closed the door and all but pushed me onto the bed.

"Yoongi, what's going on?" I giggled out as he climbed on top of me.

He peppered kisses all over my collarbones and neck before finally reaching my lips.