Chapter 53

Jin POV 

I couldn't stop imagining Yoongi's maimed friend. Images flashed across my mind of a hybrid with a white tail and ears, covered in red. Beaten and bruised. So this is why they've been so nice to Jungkook. This is why they've taken him in - especially Jimin.

It was eerily similar to Jungkook. The way Namjoon described that day, how he found him and scared off those monsters before they could do even more harm to him.

The story reminded me a lot of Namjoon's friend too. It was no secret that people adopted hybrids for their looks, and rare hybrids were a sought after prize that reflected status and wealth. Namjoon's friend was both a rare hybrid, and beautiful in both forms. While his friend had not been horrifically injured while he was around, he was still a prisoner to a heartless family.

My hands automatically washed the lettuce for our salad. I had insisted on helping in some way to prepare dinner, so I was on salad-making duty. Yoongi was making meatballs and rice and soup for dinner. He had gone out to the store during the day to get some groceries, saying how Jimin deserved meatballs after today. Or something like that?

Y/N and Jungkook still hadn't got back from the vet yet and I was starting to get worried. I knew that I should trust her, she's given me no reason not to. But this was the first time Jungkook had been taken away from me and I had no idea where to look for him. She could have taken him to get sold off at an underground dungeon somewhere, and I'd have no idea.

Namjoon was still incredibly stressed, I could smell it on him still. Even though we both logically knew that everything would be fine, our instincts were screaming and animals were craving for our packmate.

I felt awful after our fight. I didn't know Namjoon was going to snap like that, and I didn't know Yoongi was capable of defending himself so passionately. I was in shock watching the two of them, before I could finally snap out of it with the thud of my alpha hitting the wall.

All seemed to be forgiven after we heard their story. Thankfully Namjoon at least stopped speaking, and just stressed himself out in silence. Hobi and Jimin seemed a little on edge, but the three of them were sitting in the living room watching a movie.

"They're taking a while..." I mumbled, mostly to myself.

"They've only been gone for a couple hours." Yoongi chuckled.

I hummed at his response, not really listening to him though. I decided to go through all of my memories of Y/N being nice to me, that would settle me.

As I recalled our time spent together, my animal was warm with happiness. I imagined that it felt like it was already home, like there was no need for me to keep looking for places to live.

Even though Namjoon didn't want to trust humans again, I couldn't help but hope that Y/N would offer to let us stay here. I could tell that Jungkook liked her, he was trying to trust her, even though he had the most reason out of all of us not to. His heart was too big.

I couldn't blame Namjoon for being careful though. He felt responsible for us, all he wanted was for us to be safe. Maybe his stay here could convince him that not all humans are bad though?

Noise came from the front door, and soon enough it was opened to reveal Y/N and my packmate.

Namjoon immediately got up and rushed towards him, checking him over, making sure he was alright.

"He's all good! We got some painkillers and antibiotics, but he should be able to heal up easily enough." Y/N said with a smile, waving the little bottles around.