Chapter 12

Jimin POV

I woke up slowly, feeling like I was on a cloud.

A tiny bit of light was seeping through from around the edges of the curtains, slightly illuminating the room. On one side of me was Hobi, cheeks puffy from sleep, blankets tucked right up to his chin. On the other side was Yoongi, finally looking peaceful without the frowns that he had been sporting all day yesterday.

That must have been the best sleep I've ever had in my life. I tried to list off all the contributing factors: comfy bed, my pack mates next to me, inside a safe home, a sweet owner who loved us.

Owner. Y/N.

She has work today! She's going to leave soon!

I tried my best not to dart out of the bed, but I wriggled out from under the sheets as quickly as I could without disturbing the others. They seemed too deep in sleep to wake up.

Silently I left our room and walked a few steps towards Y/N's room before I felt my heart drop. Her door was open, I couldn't hear any signs of her in the house.

Surely she hasn't already left?

I speed walked to the kitchen to see if she was maybe silently sipping on a coffee, but it was empty. A quick glance at the clock hanging above the fridge told me that it was 9:45. I just wanted to fall on the ground and cry.

She would have left at least over an hour ago. We didn't even hear her leave. We didn't get to scent her before she left. Now no one would know that she was already claimed by a pack. I didn't get to say goodbye.

As I was wallowing in my pitiful thoughts, I noticed a piece of paper on the kitchen bench. It was a note.

"Good morning guys!

Sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye, but you were all sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you up.

Remember you can eat anything you want, and you can use anything in the house. I should be back around 5:30.

I'll miss you! - Y/N"

My heart was sinking as I stood in the silent kitchen. I didn't realise how sad I would be about this. I knew she had to go to work which sucked, but without getting to say goodbye, or scenting her even a little?

I padded around the kitchen, not really sure what to do with myself. My packmates were still asleep, and my sadness had ruined my appetite for breakfast.

An idea suddenly popped into my head.

Quickly, I made my way back to Y/N's room. Stepping inside, I instantly felt more relaxed as I was surrounded by her scent. I wondered if she would be mad if she knew I was in here.

My eyes travelled around the room, taking in all of the details. There was a small pile of clothes on the floor, they looked like her pyjamas. I was tempted to transform to my cat form and bury myself in the pile.

However, I noticed something even better. Her bed. Listening to check that everyone was still asleep, I tiptoed closer. Her smell was even stronger here and, before I could stop myself, I threw myself into her bed and buried myself under her blankets.

The smell was so comforting and relaxing, I tried to bury my face deeper into her pillow. Before long my eyes were drooping, and even though I had just awoken from the best sleep of my life, I was nodding off again in no time.

Y/N POV