Chapter 5

Y/N POV

The grumbling was so intense that I could feel the vibrations through my feet. I twisted my head around in panic, holding the fluffy cat closer to my chest. No matter how hard I looked, though, I couldn't find the source of the noise.

Suddenly I saw a dark shape. A shadow?

I looked towards their shared bed and now realised it was not a shadow, but a tail. A long, black tail that whipped out from underneath the bed.

The third hybrid of their pack?

By the size of the tail it looked to be significantly larger than the cat in my arms. The tail suddenly disappeared back under the bed and I stood completely still.

"O-oh, um..." Hobi stuttered, sounding very nervous.

I fumbled backwards a little when two large black paws came out. They were followed by two long legs. Then, finally, the head of the third hybrid. The rest of the body smoothly slid out from under the bed and stretched out.

A black panther.

A very large black panther.

He stretched, no doubt needing it after being cramped under the bed the whole time. Finally I could see his full form, standing proud and tall. His head came up to Hobi's waist and his tail flicked lazily behind him. His fur was beautiful and shiny, inky black.

"U-um, Y/N, this is the third member of our pack" he looked at the panther, then at me guiltily.

"This is Yoongi"

I looked between him and Yoongi. And then down at the cat that still nestled comfortably in my arms. Jimin was staring at my face, seemingly no emotion in his, but then again how much emotion can a cat's face hold?

I must have been showing a contorted facial expression without realising, because Hobi looked like he was starting to panic.

"I'm sorry that he was hiding!" he almost yelled. "But so many people already don't want to adopt a pack, and when they see a larger hybrid they walk straight past. Without even talking to us!"

My heart broke a little, he seemed so scared. It did make me sad that so many people must have just ignored this little pack, barely even sparing a glance, not at all sparing a moment to get to know them.

They were at the very end of the Hybrid space as well, so people would have come down to the end, seen their pack, and then literally turned their backs and walked away.

"I promise he's a good hybrid too! He won't damage anything and he won't hurt you! I know he's a bit big but he's really nice and he takes care of us and I promise he's not dangero-"

"Hey hey! It's ok!" I tried to calm him down. "I would still like to adopt you"

This seemed to have worked a little bit.

"ALL of you" I quickly added.

The panic quickly faded and Hobi's brilliant smile returned to his face. Jimin purred loudly and the panther in front of me also made a purring type noise, although because of the species he was, it almost sounded like a growl.

"Yayyyy!" Hobi literally jumped up and down on the spot and bounced towards me.

He snatched Jimin out of my arms and kept jumping up and down.

"Jimin we're leaving! We have a home now!" His words made my heart warm, but I couldn't help but be a little concerned for the poor cat that was mercilessly shaken around.