Chapter 32

Jin POV

It was cold, and it was damp. We had only just made it out of our tiny room unscathed.

They were everywhere, the sadistic delinquents that had nothing better to do other than hunt down harmless hybrids. They wouldn't even call Hybrid Services, they wanted to do the hunting themselves.

I held the shivering bunny tight into my chest, as I leaned on our alpha, closing my eyes for just a moment.

We had managed to find a little spot under a bridge that crossed a small creek. It wasn't really an area for people to walk around in so we were safe here for now.

"We'll rest a bit more, then I'll go keep looking for somewhere for us" Namjoon spoke quietly, his eyes still shut.

He was exhausted, we all were.

"No, I'll go look, it's safer for me" I protested. "Besides, I can easily fly away if anything happens"

Namjoon simply sighed, not having the energy to argue with me, especially since I was right. He had ears and a tail to cover up, while I had nothing other than some feathers hidden under my hair.

"We can't stay here much longer." he whispered.

He was right about this one.

While we were safe from people here, the cold and the dampness of our location was going to become too much for us to handle soon. The sun was already setting, bringing us closer to our second night sleeping under here. I had to go now to find somewhere.

"Here, keep him warm" I carefully placed the bunny in Namjoon's arms, and he quickly wrapped his jacket around the shivering ball.

I stood up slowly, stretching my sore muscles and stiff joints.

I wonder what Y/N's hybrids are doing right now? Are they warm and cosy in her house? Can they get food out of the fridge whenever they want? Could they jump into a hot shower to thaw away the cold? Are they in her bed, surrounded by her scent?

After carefully placing our money in my inside jacket pocket, I made my way out from under the bridge and started walking towards some buildings.

Surely one of them was another cheap motel that I could get a small room in, no questions asked.

We had managed to move a little way away from our last spot, but it was probably only a 30 minute walk. We should probably move further, but we didn't have the energy right now.

I made it to the cluster of buildings and looked around for any accommodation. I spotted one motel that looked cheap enough, and quickly went inside.

"What do you want?" the front desk man asked gruffly.

"How much for a single room?"

"$60 a night, no parties, no noise, no free breakfast"

$60 would put a bit of a dent in our savings, especially since I wasn't sure if my new location would be very profitable with busking. But my packmates were freezing, one of them was still injured. It would be ok for one night.

Tomorrow I would find something else.

"I'll take it" I said, pulling out the money and passing it over.

The man took the money and shoved it in the old looking till, before grabbing a key off the wall behind him.

"Room 45, check out is 10am" he dropped the key on the desk in front of me.

I muttered a quick thanks before grabbing the key and walking out the door. Luckily the front desk was separate to the entry of the building. He wouldn't see me sneak in the others this way. I decided to quickly check on the room before going to get them.